VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Only under 50 miles they will do the right thing, over that its on you to figure it out. Good stuff Polaris. Nobody has one under 50 miles, that should be broke the first day you have it.....

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
Only under 50 miles they will do the right thing, over that its on you to figure it out. Good stuff Polaris. Nobody has one under 50 miles, that should be broke the first day you have it.....
Apparently it happens almost immediately. I wonder what the first incident was that led to this issue. Proof again that the first year of a new model is not the one to buy.

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
After additional research, the 616 number is the 1% of bikes impacted. In other words, it's 616 bikes that may be impacted.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2020/RCAK-20V182-9671.pdf

For all of the details, click this link and then click on the plus symbol next to "Output shaft bearing may fail": 2020 INDIAN CHALLENGER
I think you're missing it. Out of 616 bikes, Polaris estimates 1% effected. If 616 was 1% that means they made 61,600 Challengers in 6 months. They did not, they made 616.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
The article states 1% of 616 bikes. the NHTSA link says potentially affected bikes as 616. I'm assuming that Polaris is saying "There is a group of 616 bikes that potentially has an issue. We estimate 1% of these bikes needs repair."

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think you're missing it. Out of 616 bikes, Polaris estimates 1% effected. If 616 was 1% that means they made 61,600 Challengers in 6 months. They did not, they made 616.
You are correct. The PDF I linked to from the NHTSA states 616 bikes. The original article in the original post, states 1%. I attempted to combine the two and the math does not add up correctly. I'm going with the PDF from the NHTSA, which states up to 616 bikes are impacted.

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
You are correct. The PDF I linked to from the NHTSA states 616 bikes. The original article in the original post, states 1%. I attempted to combine the two and the math does not add up correctly. I'm going with the PDF from the NHTSA, which states up to 616 bikes are impacted.
It is confusing. What got me is no way is Polaris selling approx 10,000 challengers a month. That would be the biggest news in all of moto world. I would have guessed more than 616 in six months though. That's not a lot of bikes.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is confusing. What got me is no way is Polaris selling approx 10,000 challengers a month. That would be the biggest news in all of moto world. I would have guessed more than 616 in six months though. That's not a lot of bikes.
Supposedly it was just the very early production bikes that may be impacted. Those were built/assembled prior to implementing some additional quality controls.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
I'm guessing the number is based on how many were produced during a certain time period, perhaps between QA checks and the number is overestimated because they would go back to the last check (or when that dude was hired).

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Robots are asexual. But I suppose it's possible the aliens have found a way to make robots look and act like humans. I felt like a robot working at Intel.

·
Registered
618 Posts

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Some people have too much time on their hands.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
He was an alien too.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.