VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I collected my new Vision last week and have had a couple of rides on it. Some thoughts so far, its magic engine responding very well, compared to my bmw it seemed underpowered but it appears to be a different type of response that is actually a lot more powerful just got to get used to it. comfort, no complaints, height very good for me (6'2") heated seat working well although the heated grips seem very poor - i will get this checked on first service unless someone can tell me they are not very warm at all on max heat? also the radio has very poor fm reception again another question for everyone, is this normal and do they do an upgrade aerial? the ipod connector however is a wonder and far far superior to using a cd player. Overall only covered 300 miles but i am very pleased and cant believe the attention it is getting already.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good Luck with your new ride. My grips heat up just fine. Although they do not get "Hot", they are warm enough for me. Last year I purchased heated gloves yet never found a need to use them.

Ride Safe.....

Gary

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

Heated Grips
I have them on my 08 Kingpin, last Sept. we went on a charity ride. It rained from the being till the end. Iput my grips on high also I was wearing insulated gloves. By the end of the day I had a little water blister in the palm of my right hand, by the next day it had increased in size to about 1.5",they definitely got too hot for me. They did not feelthat hot to me atduring thattime though.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the messages, i ordered a stock bike as that is how they normally come to the uk unless you are prepared to wait a while, the only bits i have so far are the ipod connector and bag liners plus the sat nav fitting for the garmin which is the same as my bmw model.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

I love the picture by the water! Keep em coming. There's a few riders on Pashnit in the UK and a couple other Vicsters as well.
Congrats on your new Vision.
I overheard Vern (rldr12) talking about a different antenna that is much better than the stock one. I will put him onto you for more info. (I'm going to start charging for being his secretery! LOL)
Again Congrats & Welcome to the VOG!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks sydney, I have seen that antenna and I intend to buy one but I have to order from the usa as we don't seem to have any equivalent in the uk. I have read all about you and your bike ~ the vision is added to my jackpot in the garageYour help is very welcome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.