VOG Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's my question. Does anyone know if that hs-1 bulb if lit on hi or low element in bulb. I guess if blinded my self I could figure it out. One would hope victory has it wired to hi beam element. Anyone ever lite them both up at the same time? Thanx jeffv

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
My ‘09 has the HID cyclops light that operates independently-when it’s on it’s not affected by the the hi/low switching of the headlights.

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
The cyclops light is independent. It remains on while both in Hi or Low. I don't use the cyclops light often but I have before. I usually only use it in rain, fog, and dark country roads.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My '09 has the HID cyclops light that operates independently-when it's on it's not affected by the the hi/low switching of the headlights.
My 2017 has the non hid hs-1bulb. 2 wires in plug. 3 contacts on bulb. Asking if it is wired to the hi or lo element in bulb. JV.

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
I wish they stuck with the HID bulbs. My 13 has never impressed me which is why I don't use it often. The 08 though with the HID is bright and actually makes a difference.

Either way the Vision has a great headlight. It's the first bike I don't feel like I need to add any.

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
My 2017 has the non hid hs-1bulb. 2 wires in plug. 3 contacts on bulb. Asking if it is wired to the hi or lo element in bulb. JV.
Oh! No clue! I've never even messed with it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I purchased the HID Cyclops kit (for the center light) about four years ago from the guy on the OTHER forum. I think he was VictorylHID.com or something.

Have yet to install it. Still sitting in the box.

Here he is, but he doesn't offer the Cyclops anymore.

http://victoryhid.com/z/

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
I would not mind putting a real good light that shoots a strong, focused beam way down the road. The way it is now, it doesn't foo much good for any condition. It helps a little in fog, but that is about it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would not mind putting a real good light that shoots a strong, focused beam way down the road. The way it is now, it doesn't foo much good for any condition. It helps a little in fog, but that is about it.
I'm in the process of upgrading my Cyclops light right now. Found an original Victory upgrade kit for $540. Not sure if that's a good idea. Maybe LED is the way to go? $40 for some China bulb... This subject could use some new attention. Seems like it's been a long time since it was covered. What's the go-to solution for May of 2019?

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
I'm in the process of upgrading my Cyclops light right now. Found an original Victory upgrade kit for $540. Not sure if that's a good idea. Maybe LED is the way to go? $40 for some China bulb... This subject could use some new attention. Seems like it's been a long time since it was covered. What's the go-to solution for May of 2019?
I have still done nothing to mine. Well I crashed my 13 and broke the headlight so I guess that's not completely true. Up to that point I had not done anything with it and still barely used it.

The HID on the 08 is much bright but I barely use it either. Pretty much only use it in the rain, fog, and maybe a back country road at night.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077B3SNJR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

HIKARI Ultra LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit -H4(9003)

Had to trim the rubber boots a little, but seems to be working fine. The light pattern also seems to be the same as the original bulbs...straight line across the garage wall-very little scatter.
I have a feeble mind, so please help. Can I use the bulbs in that kit to replace all three of the headlight bulbs on my 2017 Vision? Thanks.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Don't waste your time or money on LED Replacement bulbs for the headlight or cyclops.
LED light is very directional and the aftermarket bulbs do not focus properly in a headlight housing designed for incandescent bulbs. That is why the LED bulbs are NOT DOT approved. They may look brighter when installed but they do not focus the light properly and are very poor nighttime illumination. The new vehicles with OEM LED headlights are purposely engineered and designed for LED emitters.

I have gone to Sylvania ZXE bulbs for replacements in my truck, they are far superior to std halogen and closer to HID using the same wattage as the oem bulbs. They are available for the Vision Headlights, I already ordered mine.
Also, don't be tempted to use a higher wattage bulb like some of the "off road" 55watt replacements out there. The additional heat can melt the clear headlight housing.
Greg

·
Registered
870 Posts
My 2010 came with the HID light fitted but I think due to some stupidity in Australia there wasn't a switch fitted or the necessary wiring. I paid over $200 to have it connected and I expected it to function like a driving light.
It gives a little extra over the very good standard headlight. Because it isn't like a driving light and needs to be switched independently by leaning forward to reach the switch I have rarely bothered to use it. Usually I switch it off due to oncoming traffic and leave it off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.