VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have heard and seen a part number for a Vision center stand. Does anyone have this and if so, what are your thoughts? I would like to get one for several reasons, and likely the most useful is to check the oil level as it keep the bike vertical. If you have any comments - please post and thanks in advance!

VVVet

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have had it for about two months and its a nice feature, however, it does not lift the back tire off the ground. It is not too difficult to use, once you get the hang of it. It is very sturdy and stable and you would still keep your side stand too.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
There is an easy solution to the back tire off the ground problem. If you are at home and want to service the bike, simply slide a 2x4 under the stand when you lift the bike.
If your not servicing the bike, it doesnt matter if the tire is off the ground.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Great comments and thanks! I'm considering getting a J&S Jack stand for service..... heaven knows I'm not going to let the dealer do it after the warrantee runs out......
VVVet

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Clubford00 said:
There is an easy solution to the back tire off the ground problem. If you are at home and want to service the bike, simply slide a 2x4 under the stand when you lift the bike.
If your not servicing the bike, it doesnt matter if the tire is off the ground.
Yes, that would work for you...

But if I tried that, my feet would be able to touch the ground to push it off the stand!

Good tip though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.