VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to upgrade my Vision windshield. I hear Cee Bailey's are the best. Couple questions:
  • My wife seems to get quite a bit of wind when riding pillion, even when fully extended. Would a 20" make this better.
  • I kinda like the looks of the dark tint . . . any issues with this and night driving.I usually look overmy stock windshield even when it is up. Anyone get dark and wish they didnt?

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
i can only speak for myself but i have the lightest tint in my bailys shield Its almost clear (Andy?) and i really like the fact that i can see through it at all times. Other than the dark shield looking really cool, I dont find many times when i actually Need the functionality of a dark shield.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
The only time I would like a dark shield is in the morning heading to the beach. Other then that the tint would not help me since I like the shield just below my eyes. But the black would look cool.

·
Registered
717 Posts

I have the big clear cee baileys for late fall and early spring riding.
When riding with the wife on Sunday, everytime I lowered it when slowing down,
she would remind me to put it up when we started going again.
Guys, you know that little tap you get in the lower ribs and the AHEM?

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Rick057 said:
Doesn't that mean nail it!!! Oh, that is when I do it to her...lol

·
Registered
717 Posts

Not even going to comment.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I have had a shorter Dark CB on for about 6 months. I don't look through the windshield ever, so it's no issue for me. It looks great and is made well. In the colder months I ride with it all the way up which is just a tad more than stock.

·
Registered
73 Posts

I have the Dark Smoke Tint Cee Baily 4" shorter windshield. I think it's pefect. Gives the two of us ample wind deflection, see thru at night is fine and when lowered, looks awesome! Couldn't be happier.
BTW, I also got the headlight lense guard. This is a must have! Very rugged, has yet to be scarred by rock or other, and fits and looks awesome. Better to replace this for near $50 than replace the OEM headlight lens for near $400. Have it included with your order no matter what w/s you go for!
SP in PHX

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
advntrus said:
Well as Andy put it, you want to get to the rider just as he....errrr...she gets off. Ahhh....assuming she actually DOES.
Shawn
Yes: Get's Off... THE BIKE!

And like others...I'm not going there!

I've done a few "Passenger" interviews and it's always interesting to hear about a bike from a different point of view.

Possibly we can get DSJR70 to take a test ride on a Cross Roads (with the stock windshield) and THEN interview his Wife to hear her point of view! (Ready for another "can of worms" DSJR70?).

Back to the topic at hand, on the Vision, I absolutely preferred the Cee Bailey's windshield over the stock shield. Not only does it eliminate the distorted lip, it provides a nice envelope for the rider and the passenger. If memory serves me correctly, I ordered the 2" taller than stock shield and had the slight gray tint...not the darker tint.

Like DSJR70, the darker tint would be nice to have when riding East in the morning and West in the afternoon. Since I didn't have the darker tint model, I have no idea how the darker shield would affect night time visibility.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
I measured the shield that Andy put on , Top to bottom measured in the center is 18"
Im 6' tall and when the shield is all the way down i look right into the top lip.
Im going to order a 16" shield from them so when down i can look over the top but it should still provide the protection when all the way up.
And yes it is the light smoke or gray tint. Ill probably order the same tinting.
I personally wouldnt want the dark because at night i really want to see as much as possible.
When its that bright out im wearing my shades anyway.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Clubford00 said:
I measured the shield that Andy put on , Top to bottom measured in the center is 18"
Im 6' tall and when the shield is all the way down i look right into the top lip.
Im going to order a 16" shield from them so when down i can look over the top but it should still provide the protection when all the way up.
And yes it is the light smoke or gray tint. Ill probably order the same tinting.
I personally wouldnt want the dark because at night i really want to see as much as possible.
if you are looking over it, it doesn't matter what color it is.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
bubba said:
Clubford00 said:
if you are looking over it, it doesn't matter what color it is.
bubba you startin trouble again LOL
I look over it when its all the way down, at speed it goes up, and at night at speed,.........get where im goin with this? I knew you would :- )

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

Dean, you really amaze me. You have posted 5 times in this thread, and I am not sure I know what the heck you wrote about. Did your parentsnot allow you to speak at the dinner table when you were a kid??
Slow down and think about what you want to say before you say it. I know it must be hard, think quality instead of quantity!!
Back in Chicago today, see we might get some snow. Can't wait till Friday!!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Clubford00 said:
LOL bubba you crack me up ...LOLOLOL

guess that makes 6
Love to make people laugh and smile!! have a day blabber mouth!! :)

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
advntrus said:
dsjr70 said:
Rick057 said:
Doesn't that mean nail it!!! Oh, that is when I do it to her...lol
Hmmmm........Now that gives me an idea for another "Rider Review'. Maybe Andy should interview HER after she jumps off of YOU?
We know what she's going to say though........"It's not for me"
Shawn
Yeah, too big....lol

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Andy said:
advntrus said:
Well as Andy put it, you want to get to the rider just as he....errrr...she gets off. Ahhh....assuming she actually DOES.
Shawn
Yes: Get's Off... THE BIKE!

And like others...I'm not going there!

I've done a few "Passenger" interviews and it's always interesting to hear about a bike from a different point of view.

Possibly we can get DSJR70 to take a test ride on a Cross Roads (with the stock windshield) and THEN interview his Wife to hear her point of view! (Ready for another "can of worms" DSJR70?).

First of all you guys are ALL perverted! I meant the tap you give your passenger on a sport bike to let her know you are getting ready to wheelie or gun it...
And Andy, getting my wife on the back of of bike is not going to give you a review of the passenger experience, it is going to give you a review of everything I do wrong on a bike...lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.