VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing my damaged headlight bucket with a new OEM and it appears that Cee Baily has dropped this product from the repertoire. Has any Vision rider seen one for sale of late or is there an acceptable alternative to protecting this expensive chunk of clear plastic ?

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
How about buying a small sheet of lexan, forming it to the curve in the light, and mounting it with little velcro dots? Quick suggestion I just thought of.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm replacing my damaged headlight bucket with a new OEM and it appears that Cee Baily has dropped this product from the repertoire. Has any Vision rider seen one for sale of late or is there an acceptable alternative to protecting this expensive chunk of clear plastic ?
Can you please reiterate your experience in damaging the headlight bucket? Sorry if I missed the explanation in another thread.

I've had stones hit my fairing in the past, but none likely to cause a broken headlight, so far.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dealership owner backed a Slingshot into mine and lucky for him only marred the clear plastic but it couldn't be repaired. My bike was where it was supposed to be and out of the way. He has made it right though. He was backing it down the ramp pretty fast and cut the wheel to execute a 3 point turn. Bang. View attachment 492561

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thanks for the explanation and photo. I've ridden dual-sport bikes off-road most of my life, and never mashed in a headlight. Only had a couple of bikes with stone guards. But I guess an ounce of prevention as they say...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.