VOG Forum banner

CCT starter

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  broggyr 
#1 ·
I find that my starter is making a lot of noise on my 2016 CCT. How hard is it to replace and should I stay with an OEM starter or will an after market starter be ok? I see a lot of starters on Amazon and EBay. It seams that the starter is getting worse as time goes on. Will it suddenly fail and not start?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Jim

#4 ·
I would guess the sound you are hearing is a very loud shrill shriek, and it gets worse then it’s colder

Some starters have had rust issues, but mine had an issue with the bearing. I took it apart and regreased it. Also bought a spare online and did the same thing to it.

Reactions: SemperVee
#5 ·
I was just curious. Are the after market (new) starters as good as the OEM starter. I figure the one on my CCT now is only 2 to 3 years old and I have issues with it already. Any suggestions an which after market starters are as good or better? The dealer by me wants $410.00 for the starter alone not counting labor. I see some new after market starters between $120. and $180.00 and up.

Thanks again, Jim

#6 ·
From what I hear, the 'aftermarket' starters are the same as the OEM starters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.