VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding home the other day I noticed my motor was not preforming as it should. A quick look around and I found the resistance of the rear spark plug cable was 13k ohm where it should be between 4-5k ohms. The front cable metered fine.

The problem is I live in Canada and after calling multiple motorcycle shops in multiple provinces here are the responses I got:
1- Our store is permanently closed.
2- Our techs are busy, leave your name and we will call you back (I never heard back from any of them).
3- Sorry, we don't sell Victory parts anymore.

I tried mentioning that the Indian 106 should use the same high tension cables but they still were not able to help me.

On my bike it uses the Polaris ignition coil 4010425 which is used on many other types of equipment from personal watercraft to snowmobiles, but the cables for those machines are not the right length or shape to fit my bike, at least on the ones I found so far.

I decided to try making my own cables. I have the crimping tool and I've got the connectors that fit onto the spark plug itself. What I don't have is the connector that plugs into the coil.

I posted some pictures below, does anyone know what that connector is called that plugs into the coil?

I know some will say that the wires can be bought anywhere like WitchDoctors and such, but I can't get into the States because of the ArriveCan app that most people get fined because it is not working or filled in improperly and if I ask WitchDoctors to ship to my home it ends up costing my over $90 Canadian just for the short rear cable. There has to be a better way.

Anyway, any info that you can pass on to me would be greatly appreciated.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Gas Rim
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Camera accessory Audio equipment Bumper

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
There are lots of plug wire set options on the Witchdoctors site but nothing at Lloydz Garage. It sucks that Lloyd seems to have given up on us.

• Angry
Reactions: Alwhite00

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Surely you can buy wires from a Canadian dealer.

The odd coil end is a change made later years from what I can gather on searching. Prior to that auto wires worked fine.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
@Pauljp I recall someone using Ford Focus wires before. Go pull a set off the shelf of you local autoparts store and have a look
Yeah I read old threads that doesn't work on newer bikes. 🤷‍♂️

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: rwc and Pauljp

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
@Pauljp Can I mail you my OEM pulls? Nothing wrong with them, just went with blue wires to match the bike.
Audio equipment Wood Cable Font Office supplies

Alternately, does it work any better if personal packages are sent to you from the US? I do need to place an order from WD...

Ride safe,
Smokier

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Pauljp I recall someone using Ford Focus wires before. Go pull a set off the shelf of you local autoparts store and have a look
Yeah I read that post. I think they were for his Kingpin but he tried them on his Cross Country and they would not fit into the coil. That's the problem I am having here. Thanks for mentioning this.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More info re: Spark Plug wires

I contacted many powersport shops in different provinces in Canada and they all tell me the same thing that they are unable to find any spark plug wires for my CCT.
I finally found the Polaris part numbers for the cables, 4014932 for the longer front cable with the 90* coil cap and 4014933 the 180* shorter rear cable.
Thinking now that I have the part numbers I called a few Polaris dealers but they told me that they are no longer licensed to sell parts for Victory.
So even though I got a letter from Polaris in 2017 saying they are discontinuing the Victory lineup but they will continue supplying parts for the next 10 years, I am unable to get any parts through their system.
I found someone in Calgary who is sending me his old set that he no longer needs so at least I can get my bike running again.
I thought I found a replacement set online made by Sumax #86035 but they are no longer available as well.
I went to a lot of automotive stores thinking I can just use car wires but the coil end of the cable is the wrong type of connector and will not fit my coil.
I am actually thinking of changing my coil to a Kingpin version because someone found Ford Focus cables actually work with that type of coil, and I think I can get the coil easier than the cables that I need now.
Another option is to just find a bunch of parts and make my own cables.
The Canadian search continues.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Seems you need to cross the border to pick up cables. :(

Have you tried direct from sumax? Website says they have Canadian distributors.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seems you need to cross the border to pick up cables. :(

Have you tried direct from sumax? Website says they have Canadian distributors.
Before Covid I used to cross the border all the time to pick up bike parts as I knew we simply didn't have them in Canada.
Today it is a bit more difficult. We need to fill in the ArriveCan app stating exactly what hour and minute you are crossing the border along with proof of vaccination.
You could still be randomly selected for covid testing while crossing and if the app doesn't work while you are at the border then you get a fine.
I figured I would wait till all this nonsense is done before trying to get across but it doesn't look like it is going to happen anytime soon.

It's funny about Sumax. I tried going to there site on my desktop PC using Chrome and all I got was "This Site Can't be Reached".
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software

So I just assumed that they were no longer in business, this assumption was supported by searching the Canadian Amazon site for Sumax 86035 cables and was told this item is no longer available and they don't know if this item will be back in stock.
Font Bicycle part Rim Circle Parallel

So again I naturally assumed they went out of business. But I will look more deeply into this.
It is a shame that Canadians have to go through all this just to get a simple product for their bike.
I am going to send a message to Polaris head office asking how their 10 year parts plan is not working.
I will let you know what info I get back.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Categorical PROOF that Foolaris wants Victorys to go extinct!!!
Disgusting business 'ethics' !!!
But what else would you expect from the cakesucking aresholes?
And people still buy Indians.
What a farkin joke!!!
Yeah go to different/earlier coils.

PS and this covid crap will never be over till people start to stand up and not comply.
Prepare for the worst whilever the sheeple stay trained.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Half the spark plug wires show out of stock on the website.
You might not get the color you want.
They have purple in stock. :)

Just ordered a set of blue, least obtrusive if I can't get black.
Don't need 'em but in the AZ heat I can see the stockers breaking down soon on my '12.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I've had red a couple years.
Stock 2012 cables were fine, mainly just did it for the looks. :)

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Wow. And I thought that Canada was a free country. This is getting bad.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@IndyVictory - It turns out my Virus scanner was blocking the Sumax site, I don't know why.
Here is a sample of the cables shipped to Canada. Of course this is in US funds and I am not sure of any brokerage fees.
I don't know why the set is no longer available on the Canadian Amazon site as I pictured above.
I wrote to Polaris Canada last night and am waiting a reply.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Technology

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I use the 8.2MM wires.
That is some high shipping and if you must pay more for the Canada government fees that really sucks. :(

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Would think that you can source the necessary coil ends from somewhere.
Lot of looking online I see many different coil crimps.

Maybe ask sumax? They sell kits for building cables maybe they can sell you just the coil ends necessary for 2008+ Victory.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts