CCT Luggage Rack Bag | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

CCT Luggage Rack Bag

Discussion in 'Victory Cross Country' started by mostmuscular, Oct 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mostmuscular

mostmuscular Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    I have a Cross Country Tour with the Victory luggage rack installed on top of the trunk however it looks like the rack is more ornamental than it is functional. I am assuming the Victory Touring bag which is made for this rack fits and can be securely fastened to it but I am wondering how other bags on the market would be attached to this rack? If others have found a good bag that fastens well (or doesn't...) to this rack I would appreciate your feedback.

2. Bear09

Bear09 New Member

15 th Anniversary Cross country tour
    The victory bag looks and fits very good. I have not tried any others

3. ghost_rider

ghost_rider Active Member

cross country tour
  4. recumbentbob

recumbentbob Well-Known Member

2014 Cross Country Tour
    I bought this earlier this year. I really like it. They have the dimensions I gave them so if you order just tell them it's for a Victory trunk lid rack.

Road Ready medium rack bag , Water proof and no rain cover needed. made in the usa.
    It is a rack bag, I gave them the dimensions of my Victory trunk lid rack so they could position the hold down straps properly.

Really nice bag I like it. It's been thru a lot of rain and everything inside stayed dry.
    Road Ready Motorcycle Luggage - Motorcycle Bags, Motorcycle Luggage, Waterproof Motorcycle Bags

5. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Well-Known Member

2012 CCT, Wonderful in white
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MagVic CCT

MagVic CCT Well-Known Member

2000 Nomad : 2012 Victory CCT
    When I bought my CCT, the guy I got it from had the Rack bag made by Victory for the rack. I used it once and it fell apart, and is not good in the rain, even with the cover. So, don't waste your money. Lots of bags out there, none will fit perfectly, but with a little care, it's not difficult to attach them. I picked up a great bag at a little shop in Blanco, Tx. We go there often and always find something useful, either in bike or clothing accessories. Unik style 2482.00 Textile Sissy Bar/Travel Bag (2482.00) complete with rain cover, and expandable for additional storage. Nice bag at a good price

7. 1stVictory

1stVictory Well-Known Member

2012 Pearl White CC Tour
    Hey Mark, I have a 109 litre waterproof bag that the heavy hauling company MAMMOET sold me years ago. Waterproof for rain but not submersible. I put my mesh riding jacket in it, the Gerbing heated jacket liner, other shoes and sandals and still have lots of room for souvenir purchases on a trip. It sits on the back seat and held in place with a bungie cords connected to the passenger grab handles as well as onto the trunk rack. This is the smaller version of what I use.

Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 4.44.50 PM.png

I highly recommend the bag you suggested as it appears to be as waterproof as my large one. And no need to cover it up with some lousy fitting elastic edged nylon cover that will be beaten to death by the wind. Just my 2 cents worth.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Well-Known Member

2012 CCT, Wonderful in white
    The black/medium Ortlieb bag I have from Aerostich is over 15 years old. It has many 10's of 1,000s of miles on it at this point. It's still in perfect condition. On the CCT, it rides on the trunk rack when needed. On previous bikes, it was simply strapped to the rear seat or a rear rack. I've been caught in frog strangling downpours and no water has ever gotten inside the bag. It's gone up in price a bit over the years but I'm sure glad to have it.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  9. 1 MEAN66

1 MEAN66 Active Member

2014 Cross Country 8 Ball
    Rebecca and I bought the victory rack for our box also. But only because I could not find one that fit better on the box,was as easy to install, or looked like it belonged there. But no way was I buying their bag to go on it. To expensive, if it rained we have to stop and cover it, and way to small. Looked around a lot and could not decide for a bit but settled on one from First Gear,who as most will know makes great stuff. It is called a " Torrent Duffle Bag" comes in three sizes. I got the middle one ( $79.95) as if I got the bigger one the wife would just fill it upand no one needs to take that much "stuff". It's 40 liters, folds up real small - when you get back home, If you close it correctly IT CAN BE SUBMERGED and everything stays dry, no cover needed. It comes with everything you need to attach it, 1200 miles it never moved, it wound up being no wider than the box itself. So it is not out there hanging in the wind. All the bike sites have them, still $79.95. Look at it, read the write up, see what it comes with, and what they say turned out to be true. the only problem I see is you can load the crap out of it, so watch the weight. I weighted ours after it was loaded - 28 lbs.- I watch the lid every time we stopped did not seem to stress at all. I think I would stay away from the big one as you could really over load the box mount and rack itself. The big one would be great to set on the seat behind you if you were solo on any bike. weight would be lower to ground and it would make a great back rest to boot. I got mine at Revzilla item no. 907482. We just used the straps that came with it. Went around the bag and the rack in the center area of the bag in an X pattern, then two around the ends of the bag and the rack ) just slid the straps between the top of tour box and rack, so nothing touched the painted surface ( if you make sure the ends are on top. ours is big enough to put a 20 degree sleeping bag inside with room. Jerry PS when hooked up this way lid will still open without moving bag ( provided no one is sitting at passenger location and hold the lid as you open remember there is just a tiny strap holding lid of the tour box to tour box!)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  10. AirForceRider

AirForceRider New Member

2013 XCT & 2008 Yamaha Raider
    I just finished asking this question a couple weeks ago on FB and hardly got any replies. I'm curious to see other responses to this post! I have the same rack, and it honestly sucks to figure out how to mount anything to it!

11. bobzinger

bobzinger Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  12. 1stVictory

1stVictory Well-Known Member

2012 Pearl White CC Tour
    Join the bungie cord world. It's not about how it looks. It's about not having it leave the bike at 60 mph.

13. Nick11

Nick11 Member

2012 Cross Country
    reccumbentbob, do you think the large Road Ready bag would fit on our xct trunk luggage rack ?

14. recumbentbob

recumbentbob Well-Known Member

2014 Cross Country Tour
    I have the medium and it fits perfect. The large would over hang the widest part of the rack about 2-3 inches on each side.

15. mikewll2005

mikewll2005 Active Member

2013 victory Cross Country Tour, 2000 Suzuki 1500LC Intruder
    I have the victim bag, love it make a 2500 mile tripe in 10 days lived out of the bag. No problems, worked and looks great. Easy on easy off. I would buy it again.