VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 CCT cruise control disengages for no apparent reason. If I go thru the diagnostics checking all the disconnect switches, everything works. Then I exit diagnosis mode and now the cruise works for a while. I even keep my hand off the throttle to ensure I'm not manually disconnecting it by closing the throttle. I really enjoy the cruise control on the interstate and this is frustrating? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Do you ever have issues with incorrect speed or gear readings? It could be a brake or clutch switch that triggers on bumps or from vibration, this would show when stopped doing diagnosis. Maybe someone can follow you and let you know if your brakes activate at the same time, rule that one out at least. Also maybe disconnect the throttle return switch for a test, under the right side of the tank.

• Agree
Reactions: Smokier104

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you ever have issues with incorrect speed or gear readings? It could be a brake or clutch switch that triggers on bumps or from vibration, this would show when stopped doing diagnosis. Maybe someone can follow you and let you know if your brakes activate at the same time, rule that one out at least. Also maybe disconnect the throttle return switch for a test, under the right side of the tank.
The speed indicated is about 4-5 mph higher than the GPS indicates. I have tried pulling up on rear brake pedal and nothing seems to cause the issue?

·
Registered
899 Posts
There's 3 ways to disengage the cruise on my 2016 CCT. 1. Clutch- Pulling in the clutch will cancel cruise. Try making sure you're not too tight on the cable. Maybe check both ends of cable just too be sure. 2. Braking- Front or rear brake. No matter which one you use, it'll disengage the cruise and 3. Throttle- This takes a little force but if you twist backwards on the throttle that too will disengage the cruise. Usually when riding to cancel out the cruise, I'll pull in the clutch and twist back on the throttle reducing the need to use the brakes. Maybe unconsciously you're doing one of these 3 things. Just a thought.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's 3 ways to disengage the cruise on my 2016 CCT. 1. Clutch- Pulling in the clutch will cancel cruise. Try making sure you're not too tight on the cable. Maybe check both ends of cable just too be sure. 2. Braking- Front or rear brake. No matter which one you use, it'll disengage the cruise and 3. Throttle- This takes a little force but if you twist backwards on the throttle that too will disengage the cruise. Usually when riding to cancel out the cruise, I'll pull in the clutch and twist back on the throttle reducing the need to use the brakes. Maybe unconsciously you're doing one of these 3 things. Just a thought.
Thanks. I went thru the diagnostic mode and all these disconnect switches are working properly. I even take my hand off the throttle while cruising to ensure I'm not causing it. After going thru the diagnostics and everything checks out, I turn the cruise back on and now it will engage. Sometimes it disengages within a few miles and other times I can go 20 or 30 miles without disconnecting? I'll look at the clutch switch again and make sure it isn't causing it.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
My push cable switch went bad. It's just behind the tank on the frame. Disconnect one wire and try.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same issue on my 2012 Vision, I finally discovered the safety switch on the throttle cable was bad, intermittently. Its disconnected now and the cruise works fine, except does not disengage when the throttle is closed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts