VOG Forum banner

CC Lower Air Defectors?

2999 7
Anyone have a set of CC air deflectors, part #2877896, for sale? If someone's not satisfied with them, consider me if you want to get rid of them. Thanx
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts

Get some Memphis Shades 52mm clamps, some lexan or plastic and make 'em yourself. Total cost maybe $40. You can go visit a Kawa dealer and make a template copy of what is on a Nomad for a starting shape. I have made many sets of lowers - some bigger, some smaller. Try it out with cardboard to see what you like. Also, lowers can control temperature somewhat. Instead of a 90 degree angle to the bike, a lesser angle will allow more air = cooler, or warmer.
Cut plastic slowly with a fine blade. I used a belt sander upside down in a vice to smooth out the edges. Drill holes very slowly. I used nyloc bolts/nuts to hold everything together - snug so it won't crack the plastic. Nyloc stuff also comes in chrome, so I used that option.
Experiment a bit! You already went off the deep end (according to the majority HD) by getting a Victory, so try some different things. Lowers are easy to do.
eta moya dva rubles

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Foambuilder, do you have a part number for the Shades 52mm lowers clamps. I can't seem to find one. Want to make sure I get the right ones. Pictures would be great also, like to see how they look. Thanx

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
CC4ME said:
See if the link to my post works:
http://thevog.net/forums/display_topic/id_5360/
It looks like the Memphis # is MEM9890 or ME9890.
I'm ordering them tonight once I find the best price. It was a little cold last Sunday!
BTW, I just ordered the soft lowers and will try them out this weekend.
The soft lowers work superbly ;-)

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
The soft lowers are worth the money. Been in the 40s here in the morning and I don't even have to put on chaps.

·
Registered
84 Posts
redpin04 said:
The soft lowers are worth the money. Been in the 40s here in the morning and I don't even have to put on chaps.
It's only been dropping down to the 50s here in Denver (so far, knock on wood), but I'm diggin' the soft lowers. They turn the engine into a heater for your feet on cold days.

·
Registered
454 Posts
CC4ME said:
See if the link to my post works:
http://thevog.net/forums/display_topic/id_5360/
It looks like the Memphis # is MEM9890 or ME9890.
I'm ordering them tonight once I find the best price. It was a little cold last Sunday!
BTW, I just ordered the soft lowers and will try them out this weekend.
[/quote
$57 US is the best I found with free shipping. Got them on eBay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.