VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went for a ride with some friends, he on Vision, myself on my Country. It was windy on the way there but really picked up on the way home(probably better than 20+mph gusts). Anyhow driving down a road my bike started fishtailing feeling like the rear tire was going flat. I quick pulled over the to the right lane only to find my left saddlebag had popped open.

Needless to say on windy watch your saddlebags and double your latches, if it pops open it it'll act like a wind sail.

Now I just need to figure out why it doesn't latch as nice as the right side does but I don't see any way of adjusting the latch.

Anyhow I'm up to 960 miles on the bike and enjoying it, however I do need to get some highway boards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
I was on a demo ride two weeks ago and the CC in front of me had the left bag open up. I pulled up beside him and told him about it. He was a tall guy and had long arms. He reached back and slammed it shut.

Ride Safe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,500 Posts
The bags are so big that the midget that was hiding inside need to get out!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,500 Posts

hntr4life said:
At this day in age, don't you mean "little person"?
Yes in deed, yes in deed. Thanks for pointing out my error in judgement. I apologize for my mistake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,719 Posts
bubba said:
hntr4life said:
At this day in age, don't you mean "little person"?
Yes in deed, yes in deed. Thanks for pointing out my error in judgement. I apologize for my mistake.
You are both incorrect. The proper term is vertically challenged. Like this guy (RIP)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Left bag on my 09 Visio Tour popped open on me a couple of weeks ago. Demo'd a Cross Country and it did the same thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
I believe it is recommended in the owners manual that the bags be locked before "taking flight". And BTW... the size of those bags is a girls dream! I caneven think about packing the blow dryer now!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
Breezy said:
I believe it is recommended in the owners manual that the bags be locked before "taking flight". And BTW... the size of those bags is a girls dream! I caneven think about packing the blow dryer now!!
Yep Breezy,
Always a good thing to lock them. Nothing worse then having all your stuff flying down the highway.. Been there, Done that...

Are you and hubby going to make it to Bancroft in Aug?

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,500 Posts
advntrus said:
bubba said:
hntr4life said:
At this day in age, don't you mean "little person"?
Yes in deed, yes in deed. Thanks for pointing out my error in judgement. I apologize for my mistake.
Oh for Christ sake. If he found his way into a saddlebag, then he's a Midget. physically AND Mentally!
Shawn
[/quote
Ya, but his feet were on fire because those bags get so hot!!! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts

reddog3769 said:
Breezy said:
I believe it is recommended in the owners manual that the bags be locked before "taking flight". And BTW... the size of those bags is a girls dream! I caneven think about packing the blow dryer now!!
Yep Breezy,
Always a good thing to lock them. Nothing worse then having all your stuff flying down the highway.. Been there, Done that...

Are you and hubby going to make it to Bancroft in Aug?

Cheers
Gonna try!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top