VOG Forum banner

Can't believe I did this

5K views 46 replies 17 participants last post by  mfg02 
#1 ·
So I walk into a local Indian dealer to look at a Polaris General. My eye caught a brand new red and black 116 roadmaster and couldn't controll my feet and left the General to look at this. By the end of the day I traded my vision. Hope I don't regret this someday as I really liked my vision. Don't ask for pictures cause I suck at this computer ****. I will try to figure out this picture thing cause I'm going to sell a vision factory backrest with closeout panel. Excellent shape. Also have a closeout panel I'm going to sell.

#4 ·
Enjoy the new ride. :)

Reactions: rva1
#7 ·
A guy I work with just traded his 1 year old Challenger the newest Road Master. His is the blue one that looks black at most angles. It has a heated and a cooled seat too. He absolutely loves the RM. it's the right bike for him.

Congratulations @wiggles, there's little not to love about the new RM.

Reactions: rva1
#12 ·
To answer some replies. I use to buy a different bike every two years. I had a couple voyagers a Vulcan 2000 and then victory. Cross country tour then the vision. Well I had my vision for four years. I just didn't get the itch anymore, just a great bike. I did notice right away when I test drove the roadmaster how I could not stretch out like on the vision and does not have that awesome wind protection, real close but not as good. But I have not been able to put any miles on the roadmaster yet because it has snowed for the last couple of days here in ND. Yes I do have some vision stuff I'm going to sell. I will try to get it listed on market place this weekend

#14 ·
I use to swap bikes every two/three years. Fell in love with a new one as I got bored with the old one. Solved that in 2013 when I went to buy a CCT and went home with a Vision. Have ridden every Indian they have come up with, and still haven't come up with one more comfortable. Did slip and add a Gunner to the garage, but that was just to get a little solo steel frame when they closed. Vision will be my forever bike, and then when I can't hold it up I will park it to look at while I finish my two wheel life on the Gunner. Enjoy your Indian, and let us know where your old one is, always a looking for a spare.

#15 ·
@mfg02 somewhere in or near North Dakota, Hopefully @wiggles will return with dealerships name & location as it's already been given Llyods goodies & had Rylans talented hands upon it. Hope your road trip bags already packed for an awesome ride home

#19 ·
I’d like the new bike smell but miss my $30,000 the most

#26 ·
I guess I was thinking 150 bucks for the close out panel. It is black. Bought it from witchdoctors a few years back when they were still available. Was on the bike a very short time because I found the factory backrest for sale with closeout panel which has slots in it for backrest mounts to go through. Once the factory backrest was on the trunk never made it back on the bike. The vision just looks so awesome that way. I also have that for sale. I paid the guy 500 bucks for it but I didn't care I wanted it and knew I would never find one again in great shape

#30 ·
@Dain was making close out panels as well. Here's the thread: Street Trunk Panel
I hooked Dain up with the panel for him to make his mold back then. They were hard to come by then. He's done quite well with it too.

When I got my panel back I sent it off to the land down under. I remember UPS wanting $235 for shipping. Went with usps and he got it in a couple weeks for $30.

#33 ·
Picture of closeout panel. Finally figured out how to post pictures. No scratches. I did notice when I pulled it out of the box it is missing one of four little spring clips but witchdoctors has them. If I remember right I paid about 150 for it so that's all I want back plus maybe a buck or two for shipping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.