Canadien Ride Hotel Booking Question | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Canadien Ride Hotel Booking Question

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by Mainer, May 9, 2012.

1. Mainer

Mainer Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Cross Country
    To book or not to book, that is the question. - I'm planning a ride in late July with about ten people. We're riding from Southern Maine to Quebec city, North to the Gaspe Penninsula, then to Prince Edward Island, then run to the coast of New Brunswick and follow the coast back home to Southern Maine. The question I have is whether to book hotel rooms in advance or run until we get tired and find a place to stay for the night. If I was riding with the just guys we'd ride until we got tired and then try to find a place to stay. The issue is we're bringing the wives with us and they're, well lets just say that they're not as adventurous as the guys are. They're concerned that we won't be able to find a place to stay and we'll be stuck without a hotel. Does anyone have any expereince riding between Quebec City and Prince Edward Island that could tell me my chances of getting a hotel room at that time of year without reservations. As always any helpful advice it greatly appreciated.

2. marty

marty Well-Known Member

Vision 8 Ball/2010..blacked out pipes&wind screen,Traxxion Dynamics suspension,Lloyd's cams,controller,intake plate
    My opinion is that you shouldn't have trouble. Party of 10 will require 5 rooms that's my only queery.Other wise go for it.

3. bored76

bored76 Well-Known Member

2010 Vic XR
    When I was out there in August of 2010 there were a couple times that I (one person) had to go to 3 towns and over 2 hours away to get a hotel room. I would have been S.O.L. if the hotel at the second town didn't treat me well and phone the hotel down the road. I booked the last room they had. This was in Nova Scotia (Truro / New Glasgow) and Quebec (Riviere-du-loup / Trois-pistoles). Being that you are a group of 10 I would recommend booking hotel rooms in advance and if you get to the next stop early you can just ride around the area. The wives may want to check in and the guys may want to ride, so all will benefit. Also the weekends will be the worst at chancing it since most areas seem to have multiple events going on at the same time.

4. Candubrain

Candubrain Active Member

2010 FLHTK, previously 08 VV premium tour
    I agree with Bored76, unless you are planning at staying in big cities your choices will be very limited for a group your size I recommend this hotel in Perce, try to get one of the motel rooms overlooking the town below. on the website there is a blue bullet on the left for Hinglish.... [link='http://www.percechalet.com/']http://www.percechalet.com/[/link]

5. Virgil_Hiltz

Virgil_Hiltz New Member

2010 Vegas
    Here's the hotel we stayed at on the north shore of the St Lawrence (2 1/2 hrs north-east of Quebec City). http://www.hoteltadoussac.com/en/ Great town and if you would like a day of 'r and r' they have fantastic whale watching. (Finback, Meinke, Belugas and Blue whales I highly recommend the north shore route then ferry across. The scenery/roads from Quebec City to Tadoussac is very similar to the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton. For other places don't forget to check in Bed and Breakfasts, just one alone probably won't be able to take all 10 but there could be a few BandB's close to by that could accommodate your entire group. http://www.bbcanada.com/quebec/gasp%E9sie/gaspe

6. drpdrp

drpdrp New Member

You will probably want to book rooms a day in advance as you go with a group that size. No telling how far you will go each day there is lots to see. Most towns are quite small. You may want to spend a day in old Quebec City, very nice. Definately ride the north shore of St Lawrence then take ferry back to south shore and continue on to Percy and Gaspe. You have an awesome trip planned, if you have time the Cabot Trail is a fantastic ride.

7. Sutherland

Sutherland Well-Known Member

08 Kingpin/2013 CCT
    Did this kind of trip the last two years, If it where me I would book in advance. There were times with just myself and better half we just got the last room for the night, this also in the USA, Did trip from Cape Breton, NS trhough New Brunswick in Maine, Bar Habour and just got hotel outside bAr Harbour for the night. So with 10 people book cost last year for two of use was from a low of $ 65.00 a night to a high of $180.00 Check out my videos of trip last through the same area you want to go. Regards

8. Huskerjoe

Huskerjoe New Member

2011 Vitory Vision
    Hope you speak French Canadien, they can be real A-holes to Americans there if you don't.

9. vbbuilt

vbbuilt Member

Another point to consider is that you can frequently book online and get a discount, as opposed to just showing up, unannounced. This even applies to reserving by telephone. Vince.

10. Candubrain

Candubrain Active Member

I always found the majority of French Canadian friendly and helpful. There is always the odd one that has his nose in the air.

11. Sutherland

08 Kingpin/2013 CCT
    Yes there are a-holes everywhere and they all don't speak french, I toured through Quebec last year and through a lot of french speaking New Brunswick and not once on my trip did I have a problem with any french speaking person, have to second Candubrain's statement on this one Regards

12. Jack1967

Jack1967 New Member

Victory Cross Country 2011
    I strongly recommend booking for gaspésie region. I often work in this area and i need to book 1 week before the trip in summer period. Here is some good places i know, most of them offer bilingual services. In the heart of québec city, near good restaurants and old québec town: Hôtel Château Laurier Québec 1220, Place George-V Ouest, Québec G1R 5B8 Canada 1 877 522-8108 If you decide to take the north side of St laurence river (Rte 138), visit Charlevoix region and stay on touristic roads, i did it last year with my wife (and ours bikes). Great hotel located at Iles aux coudres, with good restaurant and private collection of red wine: Hôtel Cap-aux-Pierres 444, chemin de la Baleine Isle-aux-Coudres Tél.: 418 438-2711 Sans frais: 1 888-554-6003 dufour.ca [email protected] You can be back to south shore with ferry Forestville-Rimouski: 1 800 973-2725 418 725-2725 [email protected] Good hotel in rimouski: Hôtel L’Empress 360, montée Industrielle-et-Commerciale Rimouski, Québec G5M 1X1 Sans frais : 1-866-305-6944 Tél. : 418 723-6944 Téléc. : 418 722-7710 [email protected] For gaspésie area: Good restaurant and motel Percé La table à roland 190 route 132 Ouest, Percé G0C 2L0 1 866 782-2606 [email protected] Gaspé Hôtel des Commandants 178, rue de la Reine Gaspé (QC) G4X 1T6 T :1-800-462-3355 F : (418) 368-1702 [email protected] Bonaventure Motel Grand-Pré 118, avenue Grand-Pré Bonaventure, Québec G0C 1E0 Téléphone : (418) 534 2053 Télécopieur: (418) 534 4530 Sans frais : 1 800 463 2053 [email protected] New Richmond Hôtel Le Francis 210, chemin Pardiac New Richmond,(Québec) GOC 2B0 Téléphone : 418 392-4485 Sans frais : 1 800 906-4485 Télécopieur : 418 392-4819 Courriel : [email protected] Carleton-sur-mer Hostellerie Baie Bleue Centre des congrès de la Gaspésie 482, boulevard Perron Carleton-sur-Mer (Québec) G0C 1J0 Téléphone : 418 364-3355 Sans frais : 1 800 463-9099 Télécopieur : 418 364-6165 Information et réservation [email protected] Maybe you already know it, if not it worth the ride (if you have a budget), one of the better restaurant in the north-east, its a hotel too. We went there two years ago, private collection of wine, very fine cuisine: Gite du Mont Albert 2001, route du Parc Sainte-Anne-des-Monts (Québec) G4V 2E4 Téléphone : 418 763-2288 Téléphone : 1 866 727-2427 (sans frais) Télécopieur : 418 763-7803 [email protected] You can explore these places over internet, if you need more informations, ask me, i will try to find it. Hope it will be useful to you and don't forget your camera !!! (Sorry for my english, i hope everything is understandable)

13. Candubrain

Candubrain Active Member

There you go, that is exactly the type of help I found most people from Quebec will offer. Jack 1967 thank you for your post

14. Sutherland

08 Kingpin/2013 CCT
    (Sorry for my english, i hope everything is understandable) No problem with your english, I found with my trip last year through this area most places we stop the people working would say sorry my english is not so good, my reply was your english is better than my french. Regards

15. Mainer

Mainer Member

Cross Country
    A couple of people in our group speak french so we're all set. It look like we're going to semi wing it. Book either online or call a day or two ahead of when we'll be arriving and make adjustments in our day. Gaspe region will be something booked ahead of time just due to the tourist factor. Personally I know way more A-holes that speak english than french so I'm not worried about attitudes. Thanks for the information. Very much appreciated.