VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sparing me the humiliation, I need to have my nuclear sunset suede lids repainted...i looked up the information online about the paint codes and where to buy it, I'm just nervous there is some special process that only the dealership can perform.

Please tell me I'm overreacting!!

·
Super Moderator
26,098 Posts
Sparing me the humiliation, I need to have my nuclear sunset suede lids repainted...i looked up the information online about the paint codes and where to buy it, I'm just nervous there is some special process that only the dealership can perform.

Please tell me I'm overreacting!!
It seems like all the dealers I've used always sent paint work out or ordered factory painted parts. Same with chrome.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Choose your painter carefully, as the clear can NOT have imperfections "buffed out"; the clear coat has a dulling agent that is used to create the flat appearance. Any buffing will cause it to begin to gloss.

Be prepared to have all the tins repainted as well as color matching may not be accurate as you would like.

Reactions: jmstang302

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Your Victory dealer doesn't do paint work, they sublet it. Any good painter or body shop can do it with the Vic paint.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Choose s body shop that specializes in repairing BMW, Mercedes and other high priced vehicles whose owners are particular. Or do paint on custom cars. Ask around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.