VOG Forum banner

Can someone tell if this tab is important before I cut it off…

592 12
Old project being reactivated- install a fuzeblock on the xc and trying to get it in behind the rt aide panel - there is room if I remove the weird plastic blade which I think it a wiring harness guide - anyone think of a reason why I shouldn’t remove the tab to make some room?
Light Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Bag

Hand Telephony Finger Communication Device Telephone
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
4,623 Posts
Mine is mounted in the fairing. Closer to the battery but I agree, it's probably no concern. Also, they aren't very water tight so I hot-glued a seal between the base and cover just in case. Probably want to consider making it water-tight in that location.

• Informative
Reactions: Bikesofbrads

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is mounted in the fairing. Closer to the battery but I agree, it's probably no concern. Also, they aren't very water tight so I hot-glued a seal between the base and cover just in case. Probably want to consider making it water-tight in that location.
I am undecided between fairing with reduced ease of access (but I have never blown a fuse) or behind the rt side panel and less weather protection. Any issues with radio reception putting a fuse panel near by? Could I bother you for a photo of your fairing install? Curious if you mounted it to the back of the radio or off to the side against the aluminum carrier frame.
Cheers
Mark

· Registered
4,623 Posts
I don’t think I have a photo and it's currently inaccessible but no issues with reception, no more than normal. I mounted it right to the surface of the radio box thing. Ease of access, I get. I have a GPS tracker connected to it that kills my battery in 3 days so I've been contemplating adding some kind of kill switch for when it's hibernating. I might have a pic but can't promise anything. I'll look around.

Reactions: Bikesofbrads

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don’t think I have a photo and it's currently inaccessible but no issues with reception, no more than normal. I mounted it right to the surface of the radio box thing. Ease of access, I get. I have a GPS tracker connected to it that kills my battery in 3 days so I've been contemplating adding some kind of kill switch for when it's hibernating. I might have a pic but can't promise anything. I'll look around.
Understood - thanks for comment on radio reception - I have a couple of viable paths now. Cheers and thank you for the info

· Registered
6,848 Posts
There may be a second source of switched and fused power on the main wiring harness just before where the left side tank support is.

I’m adding a USB port to my Hard-Ball and will likely use the heated seat switched and fused connection for it. Typically a USB port attached directly to the battery would be a constant drain.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
What do you plan to power through this fuse block?
There is a connector for the heated seat under the rear of the seat. If you're not using it than it's a good source of fused and keyed power. You can find the mating connector at AutoZone etc to plug into it.
The device list under development :) USB charging port, GPS, driving lights, trailer isolator to drive led strip daytime running lights - I have read about others doing this but I am trying to puzzle my way through my I would risk having anything unswitched....Thoughts and comments welcome.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There may be a second source of switched and fused power on the main wiring harness just before where the left side tank support is.

I’m adding a USB port to my Hard-Ball and will likely use the heated seat switched and fused connection for it. Typically a USB port attached directly to the battery would be a constant drain.
Thanks for this info - The fuzeblock has a 30 amp relay so I will probably go to the battery direct or downstream side of the 40 amp breaker. Electrical so not my strength....

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What do you plan to power through this fuse block?
There is a connector for the heated seat under the rear of the seat. If you're not using it than it's a good source of fused and keyed power. You can find the mating connector at AutoZone etc to plug into it.
Thanks for the info and the autozone source for connectors - hadn't occurred to me to think of that supplier

· Registered
4,500 Posts
. I have a GPS tracker connected to it that kills my battery in 3 days so I've been contemplating adding some kind of kill switch for when it's hibernating.
Great idea, I’ve been wanting to add a tracker while on trips but don’t want the hassle of battery drain during the normal times

1 - 13 of 13 Posts