VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm sure it's been covered but things change and I'm trying to stay current. Bazzaz or pcv? Just got timing wheel (awaiting install) and will order the drop in loydds cams needing no extra. Have filter ,tri ovals and ecm flash.

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
Slow down. Give the guys some time to answer you before creating a bunch of identical threads.

Since you already have a Timing Wheel the PCV is probably a good choice.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Then Polaris killed the program...but not before I bought mine!!! So my question is how reliable and tested is this Bazzaz? I've heard of some trying them and have heard no bad...yet. I live 45 from the Dragon in GA so altitude is available. Just trying to spend carefully and get results

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
I don't recall ever seeing a person using the Bazzaz.

You have experience with them on your other bikes?

The main two used here seems to be the PCV and most recently the Maximus.

There are others but with having a 16' I would recommend the above unless you have experience or find somebody with it on the one you're asking about.

Just remember the Maximus doesn't need a timing wheel. Because of that I personally would look for a PCV. That's the setup on my 13 Vision.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I don't recall ever seeing a person using the Bazzaz.

You have experience with them on your other bikes?

The main two used here seems to be the PCV and most recently the Maximus.

There are others but with having a 16' I would recommend the above unless you have experience or find somebody with it on the one you're asking about.

Just remember the Maximus doesn't need a timing wheel. Because of that I personally would look for a PCV. That's the setup on my 13 Vision.
I think @jwfuchs1 was using a bazzaz before switching to Maximus.

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
I think @jwfuchs1 was using a bazzaz before switching to Maximus.
You are correct. A bit of searching found this thread from him and some other post I'll add as quotes.

http://www.thevog.net/threads/bazzaz-fuel-tuner.64174/#post-1089259

Well I have a Bazzaz tuner so I would be OK with getting rid of it. I should've spent the extra money for the PCV at the time, but live and learn. I do have the timing wheel already so if it's not required anymore I could always hook someone up.
Well I'm not sure what my appointment time is but I'll be there first thing Friday morning won't have anything else to do. I plan on going with that Maximus (I think that's the name) tuner.

I made a mistake and went with a Bazzaz tuner cause it was really similar to the PCV and had someone that could dyno tune with it close to my house oh and a little bit cheaper. Well I found out quickly the guy didn't know how to tune as great as he claimed.

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
Go to The Vic Shop and get a really good PCV canned map for your setup then take it to one of the gurus near you, and have them finish off the tune.
PCV is one of the top two tuners...Maximus being the other.
If you let folks know what State your from you'll get a more refined answer to your inquiries. Some answers can be area specific.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've done some reading and I'm not sure how they can advance timing electronically when it's a physical fix...advancing a distributor changes position on cam...does it change when the computer fires the plugs? Seems the timing wheel would be better

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
I think @kevinx in Florida may be closest to you. Someone here can correct me if I'm wrong.
No wheel with the Maximus, but if you already have the wheel get a PCV.
I just bought one for my quad. Great tuners as long as you have someone who really knows how to pro tune a bike.

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
The timing wheel adds a fixed amount of timing throughout the entire rpm range. The PCV can only add timing above 2500 rpm. The Maximus can add timing throughout the entire range so no wheel needed for it.

·
Premium Member
14,202 Posts
TWO of what I feel is the BEST suggestions I'll pass on BEFORE you go any further (they will stop the confusing multiple answers your getting now)...
1. Call KEVINX!!! (he's a nice ride for you, High Springs, FL (Southern Motor Worx, see my signature for both bikes)
2. Two GREAT people near you to ride with...the FAMOUS Mountainrider and @PastorJustin...you'll thank me for 1&2!
***3.....forgot @CPT PYRO ...sorry WES, forgot your town

Reactions: primethious
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.