VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just some drop-in cams, air cleaner, timing wheel, and PC-V. I am too conservative of a rider to do a big bore kit.

As dirty Harry said, "A man's got to know his limitations."

Had a nice talk with the man himself. Lloyd is a very personable guy and he took the time to explain why he doesn't use the "flash tuners" vs. the piggyback types like the one I am having installed.

Anyone interested in doing this work would be wise to discuss the differences in the tune you get when using the different boxes. Lloydz is very forthright in why they do what they do and they won't be changing their methods anytime soon.

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Just some drop-in cams, air cleaner, timing wheel, and PC-V. I am too conservative of a rider to do a big bore kit.

As dirty Harry said, "A man's got to know his limitations."

Had a nice talk with the man himself. Lloyd is a very personable guy and he took the time to explain why he doesn't use the "flash tuners" vs. the piggyback types like the one I am having installed.

Anyone interested in doing this work would be wise to discuss the differences in the tune you get when using the different boxes. Lloydz is very forthright in why they do what they do and they won't be changing their methods anytime soon.
At first, it will be like a different bike. The way it runs and revs will be so much better and the engine will feel free from the chains of EPA tuning. You'll love it.

The only downside is you get used to it rather quickly and it becomes 'normal'... that's when the wallet comes out for more....

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
I for one would be very interested in what Lloyd has to say regarding piggy back tuning vs flash tuning... I have a lot of respect for him and his opinion on all things Victory (except oil... ). I've been looking at it since I'm considering doing my XC and I'd pretty much thought a Maximus tune was the way to go.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Nice !!. Might be hard to wipe that smile off your face for awhile after the Lloydz treatment :yahoo:. Have fun and enjoy the ride home.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
I"d say.. not bad at all. I'm gonna say it doesn't look like the LSC cams, but the HPT ones, right? Either way that looks like it would be a LOT of fun to ride. Congrats!

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
I"d say.. not bad at all. I'm gonna say it doesn't look like the LSC cams, but the HPT ones, right? Either way that looks like it would be a LOT of fun to ride. Congrats!
Yup, we wanna know which cams. DR or LSC? Presuming not HPT since they are not "drop-in", right?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Rode through Little Switzerland, NC on my way to TN-107 after the work. I was able to pass logging trucks at roll ons above 55mph, no problem.

Initial impression:

1. Much louder engine noise as was expected. It reminds me of my old Harley shovelhead trying to go somewhere, fast.

2. Freeway on-ramps are now easily done at extra legal speeds. ( update: I did about 3.5 hours of riding two-up on I-81 with my Wife and packed to the gills. The bike handled all passes much easier than before).

3. Uphill grade climbs and passing are no problem. The bike now likes to do 60 mph in 3rd gear, no sweat. It revs so much easier.

4. In the mountains I am averaging 46 mpg. On the way to Charlotte, before the work, 42 mpg.

5. While riding the board scraping roads near Little Switzerland, NC over the Memorial Day weekend, I have noticed how much faster the Vision will snap out of a turn with the throttle. I am actually able to pull away from other bikes now, in sweeping twisties.

6. I am very pleased with the performance up grade . The bike is fun to ride, not just comfortable.

View attachment 477689 View attachment 477697

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Reactions: Chopperbob

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
At first, it will be like a different bike. The way it runs and revs will be so much better and the engine will feel free from the chains of EPA tuning. You'll love it.

The only downside is you get used to it rather quickly and it becomes 'normal'... that's when the wallet comes out for more....
You mean something like this:

View attachment 477705

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.