VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What company is doing as much, year over year, than Victory. Victory already had the most progressive line of cruisers on the market, and without adding a single bike to the lineup, they managed to bring this many additions to their brand.

Trunk to the XC, ABS standard to the Vision, 106 motor to all bikes, 6 speed tranny to all bikes, Completely NEW tranny to the bikes, increased horsepower across the line, new bag options,.........the list goes on.

Harley-Davidson has been criticized for doing nothing for decades. Honda, while running out a new line of cruisers in 2010 has been sitting on the GW for way too long, Yamaha's flagship cruiser still has a tape deck for goodness sakes, and Suzuki seems to be content with their base cruiser models.

When was the last time a rider with a 2 year old bike (of ANY manufacturer) could look at a new model year and find legitimate reasons to upgrade their bike??? IMHO, Victory is jumping so far ahead in the revolutionary game that the other Manufacturers are gonna have to make some drastic moves or simply concede a ton of market-share. Victory's days of being 1-4% of the market may be over.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Very Good Point Phoenix9!

I have to admit that when the info started coming in earlier this evening, I was posting it as fast as it was arriving and just categorizing the photos and not reading all the info as I wanted to get it to the VOG Members in a timely fashion.

When I glanced at the photos, I was a bit stunned that there wasn't anything ground breaking. But when I started reading about all the in-line improvements, I came to the same conclusion as you just made...a lot of improvements were made for 2011.

All the complaints about a 2,500 mile oil change interval are now gone.

Hopefully those who were not happy with the transmission whine will now that the factory was listening.

And, a new level of customization has been reached.

2011 will be a very interesting year for Victory.

In the next few days, H-D will be announcing its 2011 lineup. Things are about to get very interesting!

·
Registered
11,723 Posts
Hoping they will sell over 10,000 bikes this year. That would be good for them.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bakfixr said:
AND, will we be able to mod our pre 2011's to some of these new improved features??????
Your post is a perfect example of what I was talking about. All the sudden Victory has riders from other brands taking notice as well as current Victory owners thinking about "upgrading".

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

Everything is looking good and Vic is listening to the owners (for the most part) and making changes that they are asking for. 106 in all bikes, 6 speed in all bikes that is quieter, ability to customize before buying (XR), ABS standard in the Visions, ect.
This has to force the hand of other motorcycle manufacturers if they want to retain market share. The next few years will be fun to watch the motorbike landscape.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've said it before. If HD is going to compete in this market they have to go to a unit construction motor like the Vic or a bigger V-rod. They need to be better cooled by oil or water.
Is it far fetched to believe the big Vic motor is easily turned into a water cooled bike.
No, it's a lot easier to see the Vic going to water jackets than the HD twin in its current form.

Look at Ducati. They have their air cooled and water cooled lines on the same floor ready for the day that the air cooled can't meet emissions.

Third. Euro 3 emission standards will be in North America very soon. That means hotter running temperatures that most air cooled engines can't meet.
BB

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
bakfixr said:
AND, will we be able to mod our pre 2011's to some of these new improved features??????
Sure!! Can you imagine what the new tranny costs??? I'm very excited they redesigned & quieted down the tranny. But - to upgrade - my guess is it starts @ $1,000+. INHO. Depending on how annoying your tranny is - might be worth it.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Lloyd has a very good relationship with Daddy Vic. I believe he does some consultant work for them. I wouldn't be surprised if he had his hands on the engine changes.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

satxron said:
:) I figure you are about 2 grand light on the transmission cost.
Agree!!
If you are going to spend that kind of coin getting yours replaced, just trade it in on a new one. Personally I have only had one issue on all the Vics I owned. That was on my 00C and Vic ended up changing that one under warranty.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

I was pleasantly surprised with most of the release. I didn't expect much from Victory this year because of the introduction of the X-Bikes last year but the inline changes are pretty exciting and going with basically one engine/tranny should save a good amount of money.
I would like to know what is the real difference in the tranny and if it is a simple retrofit to put in this nuetral assist thing. If it is easy, could we then go to the 5000 mile intervals?
The only thing that disappoints me is color choices but I do understand with the limited production they can not offer a whole range of colors. It would be nice if they offered a custom color program, maybe in a few years.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Did you notice that the Hammer S uses the same colors as your LE? :)

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

bubba said:
Did you notice that the Hammer S uses the same colors as your LE? :)
Yeah, when I took a quick first glance at it, I saidOH NO THEY DIDNT.... I thought it was a dead knock-off butit is different enough to keep me happy and that is what is important...lol

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

I have said this fromday one of joining this site. They are an extremely well run company. They are focused onhaving the best of class product and making profits for their share holders.
They earn the market share by producing great product and will never gain share by compromising profits. Gaining share for Vic will be a slow but continuous process.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
bubba said:
I have said this fromday one of joining this site. They are an extremely well run company. They are focused onhaving the best of class product and making profits for their share holders.
They earn the market share by producing great product and will never gain share by compromising profits. Gaining share for Vic will be a slow but continuous process.
While I don't agree with you often :) I think they are handling this really well with the introduction of two new bikes last year and the inline changes this year. In a bad economy where all other manufacturers are pretty much hiding I think it was pretty smart business decision to help gain market share against stale manufacturers.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I looked at Yamaha before I bought my Vision this spring. When the salesman showed me the cassette deck I burst out laughing. A cassette deck? Why not an 8-track?

What are they thinking?

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
rickmc said:
I looked at Yamaha before I bought my Vision this spring. When the salesman showed me the cassette deck I burst out laughing. A cassette deck? Why not an 8-track?

What are they thinking?
LOL, I told them the Venture is a Dinosaur at the bike show this spring. Not only a Cassette deck but carburetors to go with it!

Back on topic though, Vic is certainly going the right direction, listening to what we the customer wants. I still think they should of went a little further this year with ABS on the Cross bikes along with hard lowers and re-designed bags for the Vision. They're getting close to having HD over a barrel but not quite there yet. Will be interesting to see if HD has the same old same old this year or if they break the "mold".

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.