VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a dealer that has 2 sets of S&S stage 2 cams on the shelf. Sticker price was $549 but they are marked down to $489. I'm pretty sure I can haggle that price down some more. My question is now that there are several choices of camshafts out there for the 106 motor should I pick up those cams or are there better cams out there? Looking for everybodies opinion.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Lloyds or Andrews cams would be my choice. I have lloydz and anybody I have spoken to has yet to feel lack luster with them. The s&s on the other hand I have heard can be lack luster but it could be the tune who knows. This is all my opinion

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
It's really hard to beat Lloydz, but S&S cams have their place.. I'd pass on the stage 2's though.
What's your setup (exhaust brand and model, tuner, intake, timing wheel, and what State do you live in?
With this information you'll get better overall advice.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
I've seen the S&S at 50% off but I'd still go with Lloydz.

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
I still say Victory (Polarass) waited way too long to come out with the S&S. Had they offered them three years ago they would have sold more bikes. Better yet, since they're 50 state legal they should have been stock. Of course if they did that a stock 106 would beat the snot out of a Titty Stroke 111, and the favored child can't be embarrassed like that...
Anyway, it was a nice option for a dealer to be able to offer, wrapping the upgrade into the purchase price. But I wouldn't spend 500 for them. Get the same gains for less money and labor by going with Lloyd's intake filter and timing wheel. If you're going cams Lloyd's, Wyrd Bros, Andrews all offer higher gains.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Contact Paulie at Honda East Toledo. He is a vendor on the other forum (victoryforums.com.) He can usually get you pricing that you'll be happy with. I bought my Lloyd's cams from him and got a real good deal.

Paulie Tomanicek - Parts Sales
(419) 891-1230 ext 235
(877)-437-1631
[email protected]

• Winner
Reactions: CPT PYRO
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.