VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe be a stupid question but I bought a used crossroads had some after market parts on it . Was wondering how to tell if cams were installed? RPMS at idle once warmed up about 850/900.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Pull the left side cover, check for a PCV. No PCV, my bet no cams. When does it peg the rev limiter? 5,500 or 6000 grand? 5,5 no cams, 6k cams. Just my guesses.

• Winner
Reactions: Sunshinenomad

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It had a PCV Bassani two into one & a victory reusable air filter

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Getting a Dyno tune done later this evening and just was wondering after tuner ask me if I did my cams, told him not sure .

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
You'll have a good idea if it does when you get done with the dyno. Post the results if you get a chance.
Agree, mid 90's on the HP, no cams 112-115 HP, you got cams

Reactions: NSANE530

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the bike seems to be running a lot better, as far as the Dyno I’m not sure about what your asking. Sorry this is the first bike I had dyno’d I only had it done due to upgrading the air filter to Lloydz and Trask two into one hot rod exhaust. The bike seem to be running lean and a lot of decel pop. On first run it put out 88 hp and a weird drop off . After tune it runs a lot smoother and less decel pop . I have to bring it back Billy at RPM said the front injector was either going bad or dirty . He ask me to use injector cleaner and run about 150 miles and if it runs sluggish bring it back so he could lean it out. If it stays the same he said it might be the injector. Not sure if this all sounds right but it’s what I was told , not an expert on the whole Dyno thing.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Usually a dyno sheet will tell you not only HP but also what torque it is putting out and at what rpm not mph. Google motorcycle dyno sheet or do a search here to learn more about it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I live in Nor Cal and I asked on forum if any one knew of a place and this is the place people recommended.Researching myself I’m pretty limited for my area. But if you have recommendations I’ll look into them. He also had another screen I didn’t take a picture of.

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
I live in Nor Cal and I asked on forum if any one knew of a place and this is the place people recommended. Researching myself I'm pretty limited for my area. But if you have recommendations I'll look into them. He also had another screen I didn't take a picture of.
How far is Arlen Ness in Dublin? Ya know, If you fill out your profile people would be able to see where you're located with a glance.

You might have to actually leave your area to get what you want...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ness doesn’t have a dyno. California Air Resource Board (CARB) cracked down on dealers installing non epa and carb certified performance parts a few years ago and most won’t do anything not certified. Some indies will some won’t. Over the last 10 years I know of at least 2 Dyno operators that have pulled their dyno’s out.

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Big Valley Motorsports
2225 Market Street
Reno, NV 89502
Tel: 775-322-4311
Email: [email protected]

Street Rider of Reno
2187 C Market Street
Reno, NV 89502
Tel: 775-337-2055

High Performance Custom Cycles LLC
4060 South McCarran Boulevard Ste B
Reno, NV 89502
Tel: 775-828-0404

Freedom Cycle
9726 S Virginia
Reno, NV 89511
Tel: 775-358-3500

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.