VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 16 magnum. Has miller mufflers with Lloyd’s filter with pc5 and timing wheel. I decided to go with the Maximus system w my vm1-dr cams and tank risers. I removed the pc5 and timing wheel. Bike rides great with the cams. Definitely a lot stronger. Still working on the tuning w Ryan at 801. Did notice these cams made the engine louder. The sewing machine sound is even louder than before. Is that normal?

Ps. Power commander 5 and Lloyd’s timing wheel now for sale.

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
Have a 16 magnum. Has miller mufflers with Lloyd's filter with pc5 and timing wheel. I decided to go with the Maximus system w my vm1-dr cams and tank risers. I removed the pc5 and timing wheel. Bike rides great with the cams. Definitely a lot stronger. Still working on the tuning w Ryan at 801. Did notice these cams made the engine louder. The sewing machine sound is even louder than before. Is that normal?

Ps. Power commander 5 and Lloyd's timing wheel now for sale.
When you add more fuel and air this will make the exhaust sound louder.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Have a 16 magnum. Has miller mufflers with Lloyd's filter with pc5 and timing wheel. I decided to go with the Maximus system w my vm1-dr cams and tank risers. I removed the pc5 and timing wheel. Bike rides great with the cams. Definitely a lot stronger. Still working on the tuning w Ryan at 801. Did notice these cams made the engine louder. The sewing machine sound is even louder than before. Is that normal?

Ps. Power commander 5 and Lloyd's timing wheel now for sale.
Check the seal on the cam chain tensioner. If it`s damaged, missing or misplaced the top-end won`t be getting proper oil pressure.

·
Registered
444 Posts
After my initial tuning session with Ryan, the "sewing maching" sound went away almost completely. I too have VM1 cams and I''m using Vic oil.

I only have one tune session and I ordered my Maximus on december 8th-ish...been a super slow process. Got my remote tuning kit over a week ago. Weather, personal schedules, etc. Just a slow process but WELL worth it! It's an entirely new bike!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After my initial tuning session with Ryan, the "sewing maching" sound went away almost completely. I too have VM1 cams and I''m using Vic oil.

I only have one tune session and I ordered my Maximus on december 8th-ish...been a super slow process. Got my remote tuning kit over a week ago. Weather, personal schedules, etc. Just a slow process but WELL worth it! It's an entirely new bike!!!!
That's good to know. I'm waiting for the tuning kit still. Ryan told me to only use the Vic oil from now on which is what I do anyways.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Yes, we have started doing more Maximus tuners than the Dynojet brands in the last 6 months. We stock the Maximus tuners as well.

Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
Can one expect a better tune with Maximus ? Are there any advantages to switching from PCV to Maximus.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
In my opinion, I would say yes. And here is why:
Timing adjustments from 350 rpm on up instead of 2500. No aftermarket timing wheel needed.
Easily smooth out idle with timing and mapping in the right rpm range.
Utilizes closed loop system over bypassing 02 sensors on simple PCV.
No lag from a piggyback controller.
Adjustment of Rev limit per gear a plus. No need to send off ecu.

Reactions: slickvic
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.