VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after 5 days, I received the Lloydz High Rev Limiter to complimentthe cams, intake plate and fuel controller that KevinX had previously installed on my bike. It was a simple "plug and play" installation. All that I can say is "WOW." The High Rev Limiter really makes a BIG difference in the overall feel and response of my bike. It just seems to run better.... I'm (obviously)not turning 6k rpm's everyday but the overall increase inpower and response is well worthmodule cost. Plus,the bike doesn't fall-on- its- face at approx 5200 rpm's anymore and pullsstrongly past 6k. The power gets pretty addictive! (Once again, I'm NOT affiliated with Lloydz in anyway. However, everything that I've bought from Lloydz is "spot on" and doeswhat he says it will. I'm a very, VERY satisfied customer!)

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Thanks, been waiting on this. Does it effect popping? Thanks

·
Registered
717 Posts

My bike pulled an extra 9HP with the rev extender.
I really like what he did with the timing. Changed 1st and 2nd a lot.
More like my other bike, not so low geared.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bubba: I'm not sure if the High Rev Limiter effects popping or not.. I alsoinstalled Ness Big Honkers in late May, early June and the popping really seemed toincrease. However, I now feel that the less restrictive and louder Ness exhaust meant that I just heard it more clearly.. Now that I've got a few hundredmiles on the Ness's,the popping seems to have greatly deminished.... Additionally, I haven't really tried to adjust the fuel controller to reduce the popping because the "pop" hasn't been annoying enough for me to bother....Next to the cams, the High Rev Limiter gave me the most bang for the bucks. It pulls like freight train now..

·
Registered
717 Posts
6,400 in all gears with no high speed limiter.

·
Registered
717 Posts

$250 for exchange, another $250 to buy one out right.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

When I was on a road trip in thedesertlast month, I "topped" my bike (a Vision)out in 5th gear at approximately 125 to 130 mph (the speedo was bouncing). When I shifted to 6th gear it was like I deployed a parachute as the bike IMMEDIATELY dropped to 4400 rpm's and wouldn't pull any further. While I haven't topped it out with the new rev eliminator, I'd guess she'll go 135 mph - or more -at 6400 rpm's. However I'm not really interested in riding that fast or out pulling a Goldwing. As stated in an earlier thread, the new timing changed1st and 2nd gear as it would rev soFAST with the OEM moduleI'd be hitting the rev limit in 3-4 seconds. It does NOT do that now and the revised timing seems to enable the bike to better use the cams. In other words, it just flat runs better at every point on the rpm dial....Other than installing the cams, it's the best investment I've made in terms of enhancing overall performance and rideability....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.