VOG Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode the new 2011 KP today as the Victory Demo days were in town. Love the new aggressive 106 with stage two cams. Could feel this bike pull off idle very well.

I currently have an 04 KP that I have had for the past 5 years. Love the bike, and I have the S&S and modified slip ons. The 2011 cams made the difference in the low end grunt along with the 106 of course. Other than this, not much difference between the 2011 and my KP as far as riding. Oh, I did like the new tranny as well.

My question is how much will the stage 2 or 3 cams add to a 92 CI? The 92 is strong and has a higher compression ratio and stouter cams than the 100, so the 92 will pull even with the 100 CI all thing being equal. But I wonder how much more torque would be added with the stage 2 cams on my 92 CI?

Anyone who has dyno figures and seat of the pants feel, I would be grateful if you shared. Of course KevinX if the performance is a "seat of the pants" feel better we may have to schedule you for a "CAM PARTY!"

· Registered
3,209 Posts

Lets get this part out of the way first.....
The 106 has better performance because it is 14ci bigger, and has higher compression then your 92. Also with the stock intake it has more torque because it still has tourque tubes. That said; your 92 with an S&S intake will run off and hide from it if you do a roll on at 3700RPM where the 92" motors BETTER CAMS, and larger valves let it make more power.
Now the depressing part....In order to make any of the available cams work you need either more compression, or more cubic inches. I have tried putting various cams ina stock92" and have never had decent results. My "L'il ole 92" package that I was building a while ago with simply shaved cyls, cams and intake; was making 106/101. Quite a fun budget build.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.