VOG Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyvision owners do the twoup and tent thang on the road??? Do you find enough cargo space for a small tent/ sleeping bag(s)/ thermarest,etc???

·
Registered
10 Posts
You'll find there is not much storage on the Vision. The top trunk is large but the side bags don't hold much at all. Even the lugage rack doesn't help much, there is no room to tie much stuff down, nothing like the gold wing racks. However you do have plenty of power to tow a trailer. I have a small cargo trailer for traveling and a Bunkhouse popup for camping.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I camp a lot and use my cargo trailer to carry all the necessities. I didnt want to spend thousands to get a trailer so I went to harborfreight and bought their tagalong #66771 600 lbs trailer...$400. Best price performer ever. $300 for the hitch and $30 for the bike to trailer wiring and I was rolling. The VV is a great bike but it doesnt have a lot of storage so the trailer does the trick. I doctored up the trailer a bit and if you want to see it, send me a PM and I will send you pics.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

gcarroll70 said:
I camp a lot and use my cargo trailer to carry all the necessities. I didnt want to spend thousands to get a trailer so I went to harborfreight and bought their tagalong #66771 600 lbs trailer...$400. Best price performer ever. $300 for the hitch and $30 for the bike to trailer wiring and I was rolling. The VV is a great bike but it doesnt have a lot of storage so the trailer does the trick. I doctored up the trailer a bit and if you want to see it, send me a PM and I will send you pics.
Please post some pictures

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Looks great I have been thinking about a trailer.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
atom12 said:
Nuff said...
Yeah, but if you had a Goldwing you could have brought that rare collection of used kitchen sinks with you as well. :)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Yahooo I don't feel bad at all now!! My bike looks like a Beverly Hillbillies bike when only going to work! Let alone camping!

I know I know PICS PICS PICS LOLLL

Comin up darlins!

I'm gonna play my next road trip by ear. Got lots of Vic invites (TYTY WILL SEE YA)) and then ???

Tryin to hook up with every Vicster along the way.

This is going to be called ~~

AMERICA'S FAVORITE HOUSEGUEST TOUR! I don't wanna sponge off ya; all I want is couch space and if a good day I'll cook ya a gourmet dinner! Or help ya do a chore whatever!!! That's what friends are for! SERIOUS!!

·
Registered
870 Posts
Hikers go camping carrying there needs on a back pack. Perhaps the "ultimate solo touring bag" Victory part # 2856780 would help as well as the trunk rack loaded as per the above pictures would allow for all the mod cons needed by todays camper. If like me you bought a tour premium because you are not into bare bones basics, why not go for comfort.
I usually like sleeping under the stars (old joke here) especially 5 stars.
I also like camping.
Just how much is the load limit on a tank rack?

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
I'm with Aussiejack, When you travel as much as I do, I have learned to carry all the camping gear I need in a very small package

Seriously, I love camping with my boys, but when I'm on the bike its gonna be Hilton hotels.....when you travel 200+ days a year, free hotel rooms become one of the only perks.....but a great one! Haven't paid for a personal hotel room in over 10 years.

When I'm home there are only a couple things I need:
1-My bike whenever I get a chance, and.....
2-A comfortable bed when I'm done riding at the end of the day.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I'm like Phoenix09, when I ride I like a comfy bed and warm shower at the end of the day. I like to ride all day (12-16 hours) and that usually means putting on alot of miles.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Seriously, like Trekwolf, we also find the trunk rack very useful. The bike has plenty of storage for 2-up camping and the suspension can handle the weight. Hell, we used to do this on a KLR (its suspension cannot)!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.