VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any info on what gains you get by putting in vic cam upgrade? Is it worth it? Already have intake and pipes and can get my hands on a cam set fairly cheap.
The bad thing is the dealer said it would be a $1200 price tag to put them in. Maybe I should throw in some HC pistons while it's apart? Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
The S3 cam is a decent cam in a mostly stock bike with an open intake. While it does not make real big numbers it creates a VERY good curve. With most open intakes you typically loose 7-8FtLb across the botom, and the lower overlap of the S3 gives you that back plus a couple more FtLb. Roll on passing in 6th from 55MPH becomes a real thing without downshift. Typical numbers tend to be around 97/105 with 90FtLb available just off idle

·
Registered
2,924 Posts

Not to take work away from anyone but have you though about doing them yourself, I did mine on my 08 Kingpin, wasn't that hard to do, just pay attention to what you do.
I installed S &S intake, Ness exhaust, controller and I then had it tuned by Lloydz's
Regards

·
Registered
207 Posts
kevinx01 said:
The S3 cam is a decent cam in a mostly stock bike with an open intake. While it does not make real big numbers it creates a VERY good curve. With most open intakes you typically loose 7-8FtLb across the botom, and the lower overlap of the S3 gives you that back plus a couple more FtLb. Roll on passing in 6th from 55MPH becomes a real thing without downshift. Typical numbers tend to be around 97/105 with 90FtLb available just off idle
I'd rather have the better curve than the higher number.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Kevinx(or anyone else that may know)I realize that I'm a couple months behind on this subject, but I have installed these stage 3 cams in my bike and like the way they pull. I was just wondering if you had any specs on them cause I didn't get any with mine and there is very little info available on them on the internet. I'm loking to go up to the new 11:1 compression pistons and don't know if these will be enough cam.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys Victory has just touched, down under a few months ago in Sydney. I am trying to source ways to get more POWER..... I recently bought a Victory Hammer 2mths ago but need more power!!! You know how it is lol Please any suggestions? Was thinking to put larger cam in what sort of cam or other and where can I source how much power will I get? Please any suggestions will help! Thanks Austin

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I would definitely like to hear more about the in bike cam changes or up grades . This possibility makes it sound much more economically possible . Please fill in the blanks as to where it can be done and what are the time requirements on this upgrade . I would have to take it into Red Deer Alberta or Elk Island sales Alberta if I can get this info . Also which is the best cam to move to for overall general use Hyway and street. This info is great news to me as I had no desire to have the moter taken out and replaced a week off the road just don't cut it. and that 1200 touch just for the in out. Thanks guys and gals any help would be appreciated .I'll owe you a beer!

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Without touching the motor... Get one of these: http://www.lloydz.com/store/item_view.asp?estore_itemid=1000085 and some good power producing pipes and a Power Commander. Have the bike dyno tuned. Even if that's not enough power (mid 90s on HP and around 110 TQ) for where you want to take the bike, it's the best start. Later, you can add more as you want. with a big bore kit (the cheapest way to get inches) and some higher compression, the new VM1-HP cams from Lloydz are awesome. Choose a cam that will take you as far as you want to go. There are different cams that work better at different levels of performance. Cams that give you big gains will kill the low end torque unless you have higher compression. The new VM1-HP cams from Lloydz are awesome. The easiest/cheapest way to get a lot more performance is with a big bore kit. No need to split the cases. Get more inches, higher compression, and cams all at once that work together as a package.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.