VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having done lots of stg1,2,big bore and even supercharger kits I've gotten customers cams from LLoydz. Just got an 07' Vegas in for cams and nitrous. Was told by Lloydz that not only are the small journal cams not made by them anymore but you have to buy cam carriers($300) for big journal ones they make AND they are on back order. I've never been able to get a straight answer from them on specs to compare to others out there. Specifically Andrews. Looking for the best power cam for a 100ci steel frame bike without having to replace valve springs etc. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Is that biggest cam without doing valve springs etc?
No... but... for some reason the higher lift HPT cams from Lloydz (.484 lift) are not recommended for the steel frame bikes. Not sure if Andrews would say their 472 cams would be appropriate or not, but they shouldn't require springs.

It's not so much the springs... it's the retainers/keepers hitting the top of the valve guides. The .495 cams use different springs with low profile retainers/keepers to prevent contact. You'll want to increase compression with those cams too.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
When Lloyd did my 1st big bore I had planned on 438s... but when I got there, he and Adam were all about the .495s... "OK, whatever you think is best".
......and you ended up much happier. They work well in near stock open loop bikes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.