VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I type, I'm downloading a trial copy of MS Streets and Trips 2010.

What tools do people use when planning a trip for a group of riders, when you have to keep track of the mileage for the person with the small tank, while picking the most scenic roads and not the shortest distance.

Is it a solution that allows you to upload your trip to your GPS?

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
i use the garmin mapsource. not the most intuitive but works well once you learn how to use it.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts

I use Map Source along with Google Maps. I find that Google maps allows me to look at alternatives without having to redo a route in progress.
The club/chapter I ride with are usually the same folks rotating rides as they have the time or day available. We (there are 4 of us that plan and lead rides, we rotate) are familiar enough with the group that we know our gas and "pitstop" requirements pretty well. We stop anywhere between 60 and 80 miles (occasionally pushing to 100 on rare occasions) for gas and a leg stretch. One of our guys has a V4 that on a good day going downhill gets about 65-70 miles on a tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.