VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So to top off a great riding year and to get 50 states in the same year we set out to do a saddle sore (1000 miles in 24 hrs) on the Island of Oahu. My man mike who rides a Cross Country (and lives on island) my Brother KSolo (who flew in from N Carolina and was renting a HD) and myself on my CNCC. with about 350 miles into the ride my clutch went out, I was done for the trip and got towed to the dealer and Ksolo and Mike went on to finish the SS 1000. My baby was fixed and back up in 4 days (the shop was closed for the New year and the next weekend I set out to do it again, Ksolo stayed so he could ride with and Mike wouldn't let us do it without him so off we went. Solo picked up his rental at 9am and 915 we got our 1st receipt. It took us 23 hrs and 13 minutes to reach our comfort zone of 1030 miles for the IBA SS. I figured we would do a victory tour of the island but Ksolo asked how you feeling? I go I am good he said good lets keep going, I go you know it's going to be another 12 hrs for the next 500 miles, he said yeah lets get moving. Mike tapped out (wasn't mad at that) and we kept it moving. It took us 35hrs and 30 minutes before both bikes odometer was over 1500 miles. Great ride on such a small island.

Oahu 1000 T2/1500

Attachments

·
Administrator
2,904 Posts
Good job.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Congrats, I did my first IB rides this last summer. I was shooting for the Bun Burner Gold (1500 in 24 hrs) but only had 1488 miles when the 24 hour clock ticked over. Something to shoot for next hear I guess.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
@Certified_Prez Way to go, men! I didn't know you could ride that many miles on that little island! HA! That must have been epic. One for the books, and one you will remember for a long time no doubt.

So who's who in the pics?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Brother in the red hat is Mike (fellow Vic rider) these were his 1st IBA rides. The Brother in the black is K Solo (we rode all 50 states together last yr (to include a 48/10 SCMA 4 corners, A Border to Border insanity, and a SS9000) all in one trip.

Attachments

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
@Certified_Prez Nice. Congrats to you all! As I was looking at the pic I just noticed the blue tint windscreen. I have never seen one like that before - I think it looks really good. Well done!

Reactions: Certified_Prez
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.