VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since We have one of the most reliable rides out there and as we age, I'll start this off with my list of three "bucket list rides" that I've never done but hope to do. List yours.
1. Entire Blue Ridge Parkway
2. Northern tier states and hitting Sturgis in route Alaska or bust.
3. Southern tier states and exploring the Southwest and back to Palo Duro Canyon.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Going-to-the-Sun Road Glacier NP MT
Trail Ridge Road Rock Mountain NP CO
Beartooth Highway MT/WY
Million Dollar Highway CO
Overseas Highway Route 1 FL
Pacific Coast Highaway/California 1 CA
etc...

·
Registered
397 Posts
1. Spend a month wandering back roads through small towns in Montana during the dead of summer. It is my favorite state and for me represents the real west - at least the best that is left.

2. Visit my favorite National Parks - Glacier, Zion and Yellowstone.

3. Wander about the back roads of Northern California.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Colorado has some amazing riding!!! I did a few short trips when I was stationed there. Would have done more but I was too much of a chicken to venture out alone.

I want to hit some easy coast routes!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'll suggest Arches National Park in Utah. My wife & I were there in December of '17. I really think it's the most beautiful place I've ever been. To the point-Mother Nature just can't be beat. Look it up, see the pictures, and then realize those pictures don't even come close to the real thing until you're there. Trust me on this.
I can't wait to get back there for a longer visit.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Too many to list, and I would hate to miss something great, so.......as many as I can for as long as I can. More of a bucket time line. Hope to keep going into my 80's.

• Winner
Reactions: Redsawacs

·
Premium Member
14,202 Posts
Hoping this summer:

1. Northern NY
2. Vermont
3. Maine
4. Nova Scotia
5. Down shoreline to Boston
6. Home thru Pennsylvania

That will be 4th summer of 2 week trips and we will have ridden in every state but Alaska and Hawaii:dance:

Reactions: jwfuchs1 and PAF

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I'll suggest Arches National Park in Utah. My wife & I were there in December of '17. I really think it's the most beautiful place I've ever been. To the point-Mother Nature just can't be beat. Look it up, see the pictures, and then realize those pictures don't even come close to the real thing until you're there. Trust me on this.
I can't wait to get back there for a longer visit.
Yea arches is an absolute to all who's never been. That entire ring is fantastic. It was work camping in Moab that intro'd us out here and cruising arches is always special. Monument valley, Mexican hat also a must. Way to many places to list but I'd sure like to drive thru a giant redwood.

·
Registered
12,828 Posts
I want to tag along with Norman Reedus.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yea arches is an absolute to all who's never been. That entire ring is fantastic. It was work camping in Moab that intro'd us out here and cruising arches is always special. Monument valley, Mexican hat also a must. Way to many places to list but I'd sure like to drive thru a giant redwood.
I have been to virtually all the national parks but not on my bike. Impossible to tell someone about their beauty and pictures can't do them justice. They must be seen in person and the absolute best way to see them would be on a bike. Each park is a unique geological wonder. We are so fortunate to live in a country which had the foresight to preserve them for all generations to enjoy. I feel sorry for those who fail to take advantage of these wonders.

• Winner
Reactions: J.Wales

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OMG too many to choose. So many places, so little time ( and money)
We are mere mortals and our longevity is not guaranteed. We work to maintain a certain level of comfort in our lives. I really want to get on with rides as long as I can afford to do so financially and physically. I'm not 20 something anymore. The years of construction abuse and inherited limitations that are manifesting themselves now are driving my quests. I know that I won't be riding in my later years. It's true that photos do not do justice to the majestic national parks. I've really enjoyed the smells while riding since I quit smoking. The feel of temperature changes and the sting of rain on the skin. All too often I just keep riding through beautiful places because the Vision rides so well. Tell us about your special places and I also would like to do some Colorado riding.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Well I'll be completing my 48 this year at the young age of 28 (well I'll be 29 by that time):ride:

Next year I plan on riding the borer of Texas (others are encouraged to join). The year after that I'm heading to Alaska. After that I want to spend some quality time in the rest of the 48 states. Might have to fly to Hawaii and rent a bike to ride around over there (my luck a volcano would erupt though).

There is way to many ride that I have never heard of or have done so my bucket list will never be complete. Maybe one of these days I will win the lottery and just live on my motorcycle riding around this great country. My job and lack of disposable income holds me back big time.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I've got 38k on my 2014 Judge- with at least 1/2 if not 3/4 of it tallied up and down the Central Appalachians and Smoky mountains. Annnnnd it's safe to say I haven't even come close to covering it all in VA WV, and NC alone. Nevermind Tennessee, Kentucky

The main highlights are-

The entire BRP from milepost 0-469: check.
The Three Twisted Sisters- check (not on mine- on my Dad's ZX14)
Tail of the Dragon: check (albeit in a damn hurry)

Still need to hit:
Cherahola Skyway (Don't start. I arrived at the Dragon too late in the day to do both. We were staying 4 hours away)
The Back of the Dragon

After that.. it's a bit overwhelming to choose, I'd have to have Yellowstone, Colorado, Montana, and much of the desert SW near the top of my list.. No doubt there is a dizzying array of options all over.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.