VOG Forum banner

Bubba- help me with my oil change!

3K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  scottb 
#1 ·
I didn't think to ask deep enough about the oil......

I know you have Amsoil in the Vision- and I "think" it shows since this bike is very very quiet and smooth compared to my 2010 XC.

Questions....

did you use an aftermarket oil filter on the bike- or just the standard victory part?

I know you went through one oil change using standard vic oil- how long would say until you noticed any possible difference between that and the Amsoil?

I have an oil change kit that one of my buddies won at a Demo truck tour day so I may use it and see what I do or do not notice...

any other tricks or things that I should know?

also- I dropped off the planet for a bit due to work emergency, but I should be back to the real world now- and your net is in the mail!

And again- thank you Frank for such a smooth and professional transaction- you were very, very awesome and I hope it comes back around to you on your future bike buys!

-aphatmouse

See less See more
#2 ·

APHATMOUSE said:
I didn't think to ask deep enough about the oil......

I know you have Amsoil in the Vision- and I "think" it shows since this bike is very very quiet and smooth compared to my 2010 XC.

Questions....

did you use an aftermarket oil filter on the bike- or just the standard victory part?
I only use Vic Filters

I know you went through one oil change using standard vic oil- how long would say until you noticed any possible difference between that and the Amsoil?
Only the first was Vics, you hear the difference instantly

I have an oil change kit that one of my buddies won at a Demo truck tour day so I may use it and see what I do or do not notice...
Won one myself a couple of years ago. Put it in my Hammer, when I rode the bike a couple of days after the change, I thought there was something wrong with the bike. Then I remembered it was the oil.

any other tricks or things that I should know?
Warm the bike up before you change the oil.

also- I dropped off the planet for a bit due to work emergency, but I should be back to the real world now- and your net is in the mail!

And again- thank you Frank for such a smooth and professional transaction- you were very, very awesome and I hope it comes back around to you on your future bike buys!
You are Welcome

-aphatmouse

#3 ·
I realize this may make me sound a bit retarded so bear with me....I'm going to try AMS oil for my next change and I see they have no 20w-40 but that the 10-40 (according to AMS oil) is okay for the 20-40 air cooled motors. I just wanted to make sure before I buy that I am looking at the right stuff. Thanx

#5 ·
MNstads said:
I realize this may make me sound a bit retarded so bear with me....I'm going to try AMS oil for my next change and I see they have no 20w-40 but that the 10-40 (according to AMS oil) is okay for the 20-40 air cooled motors. I just wanted to make sure before I buy that I am looking at the right stuff. Thanx
Yes, if you check the Amsoil website they specifically recommend their 10-40 for Victorys.

#6 ·
I run the 20/40

#7 ·

MNstads said:
Amsoil says its okay, Victory does not... You decide... Let the flaming begin

#8 ·
dsjr70 said:
MNstads said:
Amsoil says its okay, Victory does not... You decide... Let the flaming begin
Here we go.
I thought Amsoil only had 10-40 and 20-50 for V-Twins.
20-40?
http://www.worldsbestoil.ca/amsoilforMotorcyclesScooters.php
Study of MC Oils: http://www.amsoil.com/products/streetbikes/WhitePaper.aspx

#14 ·
you could always use a 15w40 flavor as well that's a 'diesel' blend. I'm not saying I do it because personally I think Amsoil is just too expensive and little harder to get a hold of.

#16 ·
Amsoil is coming out of the Vision and Vic oil is going in today...

Mainly for self education and because I have a free vic oil change kit on hand... we have a 500 mile weekend planned this weekend so this will be a perfect chance to compare!

I hated how loud my XC trans/engine whine combo were so if moving off of amsoil makes the Vision sound like my XC did- i'll punch myself in the crotch. And promptly put Amsoil back in.

Will be interesting to see though!

#17 ·
APHATMOUSE said:
Amsoil is coming out of the Vision and Vic oil is going in today...

Mainly for self education and because I have a free vic oil change kit on hand... we have a 500 mile weekend planned this weekend so this will be a perfect chance to compare!

I hated how loud my XC trans/engine whine combo were so if moving off of amsoil makes the Vision sound like my XC did- i'll punch myself in the crotch. And promptly put Amsoil back in.

Will be interesting to see though!
Good luck!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.