Broken Bolt Replacement | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Broken Bolt Replacement

Discussion in 'Victory Cross Country' started by dave21042, Feb 22, 2021.

1. dave21042

dave21042 Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2012 Victory CC
    I have had my 2012 Cross Country for about 3 1/2 years. I knew the upper bolt on the LH Fairing Chin had been broken off before I got it, but never worried about. While I was working on replacing the "Wimpy Horn" I notice this is just a bracket with a nut welded to it. It appears to be the LH engnine mount bracket bracket. I ordered a replacment bolt and bracket and want to replace it. This is the triangle shaped bracket up high under the tank and handle bars.

My question is if I loosen all the bolts and take them out one at a time to flip them to come in from the right hand side and then replace the bracket and flip them back, will this cause an sort of trouble? Will I be able to get the bolts out easily? I was thinking of using a dowel or another bolt to slide in to provide support as remove the original to keep every think lined up.

Anyone ever work on this bracket?

Thanks,
    David

2. Bikesofbrads

Bikesofbrads Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2015 victory cct & 06 katana
    Should be able to just put jack under front of motor where bolts have zero weight on them & slide them out, back in. Shouldn’t have to raise / lower jack after find the sweet spot, like Pauljp says “let the tools do the work” good luck man, u got that!!