Bring Victory to Cleveland IMS in 2013 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Bring Victory to Cleveland IMS in 2013

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by RoBrown, Jan 29, 2012.

1. RoBrown

RoBrown Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    07 Victory Kingpin
    I went to the IMS show in Cleveland yesterday, and it was packed. A few Victory dealers in NE Ohio had the initiate to bring their inventory to the IX Center so there was some representation for our brand. Many thanks to the dealers that banded together for this event. The dealers were Bair's, All Ohio, State 8,, and one other from Erie PA. I was there from about noon until 5pm, and there was a line to get in and look at the bikes the whole time. Why the factory decides to ignore our area for this event is beyond me. I am not sure how to get the mother ship to hear, so I figured a post here was as good as any. Were you at the IMS? What did you think? This is kinda feeling like an '80's commercial: "I want my MTV". Only it's "I want Victory to have a factory presence at the IMS near me!" Rob

2. bubba

bubba Well-Known Member

2006 Kingpin
    They decided a few years ago to put the marketing funds to a better use buy bringing the truck and the bikes to the dealers. They feel they sell more bikes that way. As they grow, I agree that they should attend all the sites.

3. Trekwolf164

Trekwolf164 Well-Known Member

Victory Vision,Slingshot
    Did not know that they did not attend every IMS show. But I love Demo Day at my dealership. :scooter:

4. oemdesign

oemdesign Member

2011 Vision
    My wife is waiting for the truck to bring around a Judge so we can get one of those discount coupons to buy one for her.

5. Trekwolf164

Trekwolf164 Well-Known Member

Victory Vision,Slingshot
    I tried looking up the Demo Truck dates and locations but nothing for 2012 came up. The Judge is supposed to hit dealerships in April

6. JimT

JimT Member

I totally agree. I also went on Sat and was surprised at the crowds at the show this year. Victory has not been to this show in the last couple of years. The Vics grew a big crowd. I went with two buds, one who was looking at his first HD and now he is seriously considering a Victory! It does pay to represent the brand at these shows. Hats off to the dealers. They did us proud....

7. RoBrown

RoBrown Well-Known Member

07 Victory Kingpin
    I certainly don't want them to quite doing the demo trucks, but having them at the show is important as well. While I understand that they have a limited marketing budget, The crowd at the IMS was worth the effort IMHO. Hopefully the dealers let the factory know that the response was very positive and that they should show up next year. I wanted to acknowledge the dealer from Erie, PA as well. they are North Star Powersports. I remembered this morning. I think the 4 dealers that set up shop last weekend should be good examples of the type of dealers Vic wants to be associated with. Rob