VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear brake rotor is getting a little TOO floating. I'm changing the rear tire this week anyway so I went looking for a rotor... I only wantto pull the wheel off once.
Last time, I got an OEMtake-off rotor from a trike shop for $75 but they're not doing that any more. The dealer wanted $209 for the OEM rotor. I found that EBC makes rotors for Victory, and they want $225 (it's a nice rotor!)

"Made in the UK from precision laser cut mill-hard stainless steel for optimum brake effect and wear life, diamond ground for fast bed-in after install"
http://www.perfectbrakes.com/products.asp?cat=8142
Ordered it last night, we'll see! If I like it I'll have to get the matching front one when the front tire gets replaced. I had EBC rotors on my last bike and loved them.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Half_Crazy said:
NOEMTZ said:
Cool!
Now you wouldn't know of anyone who sells the rebuild kits for the Front Master Cylinder would you?
Just get the chrome switch housings, master cylinder, clutch perch, and levers... LOL
I hear you.....I went with Rad III's. They are way nice.
But would still like to be able to rebuild the OEM MC's.

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lloydtuk said:
For the bling bling crowd. If looks are the most important thing and you have $1000 to $1400 burning a hole in your pocket, and you know you'll want new wheels too...
My bike is visually stock except the pipes, handlebars, and tag bracket. I'm not a bling bling guy. I would trade all the chrome on the bike for 10 HP.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Half_Crazy said:
lloydtuk said:
For the bling bling crowd. If looks are the most important thing and you have $1000 to $1400 burning a hole in your pocket, and you know you'll want new wheels too...
My bike is visually stock except the pipes, handlebars, and tag bracket. I'm not a bling bling guy. I would trade all the chrome on the bike for 10 HP.
i know what you mean
but they do look good and probably lighter than stock
shame they are no longer trading

·
Registered
66 Posts
Half_Crazy said:
shaun said:
Half_Crazy are you sticking with OEM calipers and pads? I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the EBC rotor.
Using the EBC HH pads (sintered) in the stock calipers.
I installed these pads on the rear and was so impressed that I replaced the fronts as well. I immediately have a noise wile using thefront brake and is dependant on speed (noise gets softer as I slow down). The noise sounds alot like air escaping the bleeder as you bleed the brakes but is constant under braking over 5-10 mph. Lynnwood Motoplex (where I bought te pads)told me it is the type of brakes and they will always make this noise. It is loud and sounds like it is damaging the rotor, though I haven't seen any damage yet.Have you or anyone else experienced tis w/EBC Sintered HH brakes?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nessie044 said:
Sunburn:
I put the EBC Sintered HH pads on my last bike and experienced what evidently has become known as the "Locust Sound". LOL. I researched a lot of different sites and the sound with these pads seems to be the rule rather than the exception. I probably put close to 4,000 miles on the bike (before trading it in on the Vision) with those pads and there was no evidence of any damage to the discs.
I don't think it's anything to worry about, but probably not a bad idea to keep an eye on the rotors just to be sure.
Thanks. I don't know if it's comforting to know others have the same problem but at least I know the marbles rattling around in my head aren't getting louder! This is a horrible noise and, although I like their stopping power, cannot and will not recommend these due to the noise - yes,it isthat annoying!

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

25thAnnZ said:
HC - do you have any pics of this rotor mounted on the bike? Also wondering what your overall review is vs. the stocker now that you've put some miles on it. Thanks Joel
EBC doesn't call them "Pro-Lite" for nothing...They weigh nothing. Therotors look good, braking is strong and controlled with the combined rotors and pads from EBC.

Let me look for a pic.... hang on a sec...
This is all I could find... they look really similar to OEM.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/..._373761582743928_1133163040_n_zps12913118.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts

Half_Crazy said:
My rear brake rotor is getting a little TOO floating. I'm changing the rear tire this week anyway so I went looking for a rotor... I only wantto pull the wheel off once.
Last time, I got an OEMtake-off rotor from a trike shop for $75 but they're not doing that any more. The dealer wanted $209 for the OEM rotor. I found that EBC makes rotors for Victory, and they want $225 (it's a nice rotor!)

"Made in the UK from precision laser cut mill-hard stainless steel for optimum brake effect and wear life, diamond ground for fast bed-in after install"
http://www.perfectbrakes.com/products.asp?cat=8142
Ordered it last night, we'll see! If I like it I'll have to get the matching front one when the front tire gets replaced. I had EBC rotors on my last bike and loved them.
If the rotor is still good why not look for new buttons or

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.