VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
changing brake pads on the rear of 2014 cct took awhile to do still not finished yet, having trouble with that darn clip, there are no good videos on this, wondering if any of you guys have a service manual that shows witch way this clip go's in the caliper , been fighting this now 2 hrs. had to take my rear pipe off , trush me i know what you thinking!! but it worked out great to not have to work around the pipe. so if any of you guys can help me that would be great!!!!
thinking about leaving out the clip?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Too late now but in the future if you push out the retaining pin with a drift pin and then replace one pad at a time the clip will be held in place so you don’t have to mess with it. Once it falls completely out it can be tricky getting it back in place with the caliper mounted.

·
Registered
12,815 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Put the clip in.

·
Banned
2,192 Posts
You are talking about the pad spring?

The clip is a real PITA to get in correctly, but can be done, I just did it myself on my 13 XC. It only goes in one way, try again, you can do it, just go easy with it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
call me a dumb ass!!!! but no clip, any fact to this "THIS WILL HAPPEN IF YOU DONT RUN THE CLIP" LEARNING LESSONS NOW FOR 60 YRS!!!
OH I FORGOT GAVE IT THE OLD 50 MPH BRAKE CHECK NOT A PROBLEM!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.