VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone recognize this brake pedal pad?

Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

I am now in search of a replacement brake pedal pad.

During a ride this weekend the pedal pad committed suicide and leapt from the brake pedal while cruising down the highway at high speed. The actual pedal pad mount is intact, see picture below. I'll be headed down to the local MC shop in the morning to see what I can work out.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
I think you can unscrew it. Maybe find something else you like and just get a new peg. Kuryakyn is a good start. I could be mistaken but I think that one is aftermarket anyway.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you can unscrew it. Maybe find something else you like and just get a new peg. Kuryakyn is a good start. I could be mistaken but I think that one is aftermarket anyway.
Yeah, it's definitely aftermarket (courtesy of the PO). Really liked it, until Saturday when it went bouncing down the road. Will either be looking for a pad that fits the mount, or a complete replacement (Kury, WD, etc). Was just wondering if anyone recognized this one. Can't seem to find a similar-looking one.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Big bike parts? Show chrome? Ness? China?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Kuryakyn's website isn't working for me, load next page just reloads same page. But I was looking.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kuryakyn's website isn't working for me, load next page just reloads same page. But I was looking.
Thanks fellas for looking and responding... I'm not super stuck on replacing the exact pad. I suspected either Kury or Show Chrome. O well, I'll have to find something I like to replace it.

I wonder if it was an older model of what's sold here?
Buy your Victory Brake Pedal here today or call 330.507.0880
I suspect this is the case... The actual brake pedal mount (that remains on my bike) is definitely made to accept HD-style pads.

I'm gonna head down to the local shop tomorrow and see what they have in stock to replace the pad.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
You'll find something you like, then you'll need to match grips, floorboards, derby cover, shifter, highway pegs and passenger pegs. A broken fork deflectors ended up costing my $700 because I couldn't just buy a new one for $35...

• Haha
Reactions: Oldman47

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You'll find something you like, then you'll need to match grips, floorboards, derby cover, shifter, highway pegs and passenger pegs. A broken fork deflectors ended up costing my $700 because I couldn't just buy a new one for $35...
LMFAO... too true!

I'll try (real hard) to find something I like without having to replace every other control and accessory on the bike.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Mine is a mutt.

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Hey send that old one over to me, I am not fussy about looks.... I reckon I could just attach a little bit of old tyre to it and it would work very very well......

Reactions: Oldman47

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So... went down to the local V-Twin shop, picked out a nice Kuryakyn pedal pad for $35, and bob's your uncle. Done.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

Reactions: Known1
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.