VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my front caliper pad hanger pins was so tight that by the time I applied torque to the thin walled hex it stripped. I ended up having to take the 2 halves of the caliper apart and apply a torch to it to finally free it.
Does anyone know of a source for just the pin. All the parts diagrams show only the whole caliper as a unit. There are parts places in the U.K. but I cannot find any info for the U.S.
Am I the only one who’s buggered up one of these?

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Guessing 2014 XR. I bet if you take that pin to a local auto parts store, they can find a suitable replacement. Brake pad guide pin?

·
Registered
151 Posts
One of my front caliper pad hanger pins was so tight that by the time I applied torque to the thin walled hex it stripped. I ended up having to take the 2 halves of the caliper apart and apply a torch to it to finally free it.
Does anyone know of a source for just the pin. All the parts diagrams show only the whole caliper as a unit. There are parts places in the U.K. but I cannot find any info for the U.S.
Am I the only one who's buggered up one of these?
I am sure you have the part by now.
I too was looking for the pin. Turns out
All Balls Racing
All Balls Racing 18-7028 Caliper Bolt Kit Amazon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.