VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really an "accident," more like a drop.

The Before footage:

And, the After Footage:

It's a strange world we live in where everything is caught on camera.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Moe, Larry..cheese...

That looks like an odd bike to attempt to ride. The guys that picked th ebike up..??looked like only one of them knew anything other than muscle. Lots o cameras rolling in the background.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
FishWitch said:
Looks like he was being a Gutter Dweller!
Bam!!! Hey - if I may speak freely - what a dopey looking bike to ride. It's all about "looking kewl". I'm not impressed w/ his skills or his taste in machine. Weak.

·
Registered
235 Posts

I'm surprised at the comments written on here, we ride vics that are different to everything else and to many they are considered dumb (cruisers against standards or even sports bikes)so why the put down on somebody who rides acustom bike, or is it just because of him being famous. I'll give him his due he at least acknowledges people instead of ignoring them. Still its a crazy world he lives in with cameras apparently everywhere he goes, which mean he is always open to critism regardless of what he does. I suppose thats the price of fame and fortune.
In the uk its legal to 'split cars' soi don't see why he is an idiot. In the UK most bike riders go between the cars we just have to watch out for car drivers doing the unexpected which looks to be the case in the footage.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think that bike is sweet! It would be a bear to ride it looks like, but I really like the custom look of the bike. It's all low and long and big arse offroad tires.

Looks cool but seems unrideable.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Strange looking bike. Cool but strange. Looks like it might be difficult to ride at slow speeds with feet and hands so far forward. Are those bike or car tires?

·
Registered
609 Posts
ddawg said:
Bam!!! Hey - if I may speak freely - what a dopey looking bike to ride. It's all about "looking kewl". I'm not impressed w/ his skills or his taste in machine. Weak.
Ibet when you can trade in Jennifer Aniston for Angelina Joile on a whim you could ride a moped and still feel cool.

·
Registered
103 Posts
MONKEY666 said:
Ibet when you can trade in Jennifer Aniston for Angelina Joile on a whim you could ride a moped and still feel cool.
Like trading Nicole Kidman for Penolipie Cruze? I mean seriously? That would have been a bad trade if you through in the bike, and a Bugatti Veyron. Trading in Jennifer Aniston for Angelina Jolie should make you feel as much like a duffus and he looked, duck walking the strange arrangement of metal his was sitting on. I'm not laughing at him for falling off the thing. I'm impressed his stayed on it as long as he did.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
rockster, just because something is legal doesn't mean its smart.
Im sorry but splitting cars is a death sentence just waiting to happen.
Sooner or later someone isn't going to see you and move over, or worse get into a rage because bikes are coming through the middle and slide over on purpose. Its sad but it happens. All im saying is ride as safe as you possibly can all the time and don't take unnecessary chances.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Seems like someone is a Jen fan BigGuy.... Really she must be a kook cuz no one stays with her - UH OH - The fruitcake conversation alert sirens are going off in here. I'm gonna go drive a semi or weld something to compensate for this.... LOL!

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
rockster said:
I'm surprised at the comments written on here, we ride vics that are different to everything else and to many they are considered dumb (cruisers against standards or even sports bikes)so why the put down on somebody who rides acustom bike, or is it just because of him being famous. I'll give him his due he at least acknowledges people instead of ignoring them. Still its a crazy world he lives in with cameras apparently everywhere he goes, which mean he is always open to critism regardless of what he does. I suppose thats the price of fame and fortune.
In the uk its legal to 'split cars' soi don't see why he is an idiot. In the UK most bike riders go between the cars we just have to watch out for car drivers doing the unexpected which looks to be the case in the footage.
Why are you surprised??? It's a blog website - free speech reigns supreme. Opinions are all over the place - not a monolithic "get in line que."

Yes "lane splitting" is legal here in California. But good judgement is a huge part of doing it. Not while riding a wobbly raked out expensive custom. Judgement requires "discernment."

That's why Brad Pitt is an idiot. Yes he makes $20 mill p/ movie, has hot ladies on his arm. But, he makes dangerous, juvenile decisions while riding a big dollar custom at low speeds & "gutter sniping" because he's so special - he can't wait like us common folk. Yeah - he deserved to crash - yeah - he's an idiot Brutha.

P.S. I am jealous of his bank account - a few more months picking up beer cans out of dumpsters & I'll be there.

·
Registered
290 Posts

Sad to see anyone drop thier bike. I like his bike just fine, and I'm sure he has others in his stable. I've read that Brad treats everyone nicely when he meets them, and acts like a regular Joe.
He's OK in my book, and a great actor too.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
kevinx01 said:
I think his whole collection of bikes is pretty bad ass, and would take any one of them except the Vespa. I have never heard anything about him being a dick to anyone, and you haters are just jealous
Hey - Kevin - I assume your comment "you haters are just jealous" is directed at me - as my comments were pretty strong - I grant you that. Let me correct the record & apologize to you if I offended you & anyone else.

#1 I don't hate the guy. I wish him all the success & happiness life can bring. He's been pretty darn successful, and I think he's having a good time. Bueno for Brad.

#2 I was wrong calling him an idiot. I should have substituted - Pitt used "poor judgement" while splitting lanes - on the far right side - in a tight, narrowing, parked car channel. Poor judgement.

#3 Though legal in Ca. - when splitting lanes - especially with parked cars - and you get into an accident - nearly 100% of the time you are found @ fault. Logic: You were the only one moving - everyone else was parked. That was Pitt's accident - he caused it -poor judgement & poor riding skills.

#4 I was wrong calling his custom bike dopey. Actually it's a nice retro-custom. In a bike show, or in a magazine it would look cool - and that's where it belongs. Would I own it? Yes - in a New York minute - if given to me. I'd show it to all my friends & sell it. It's very impractical & limited in it's use. It's a dangerous to ride due to it's frame geometry & riding position set-up. Still looks cool @ in a show - or in a collection. It is dangerous weaving through the heavy traffic of Southern California, splitting lanes & gutter sniping. Poor judgement.

#5 Brad Pitt as a person? More than likely a great guy. Never met him. Don't know anyone who has. Due to my job (working in So. Calif.) I have come in contact w/ many celebrities. Some are real pleasant - some aren't. I have no idea what kind of guy Pitt is personally. Would I go riding with him if invited - yep. But I wouldn't follow him when he shows poor judgement & rides dangerously.

#6 Nothing more to say - good judgement to stop.

·
Registered
103 Posts
MONKEY666 said:
Seems like someone is a Jen fan BigGuy.... Really she must be a kook cuz no one stays with her - UH OH - The fruitcake conversation alert sirens are going off in here. I'm gonna go drive a semi or weld something to compensate for this.... LOL!
You may be on to something. There's gotta be a reason somebody would dump a babe like that. All I've got to go on is the physical appeal. There's plenty of that, but I guess it only go so far when you're trapped in the house with her.
Reminds me of a poster I saw a few years ago with a hot babe in a bikini. The caption said, "No matter how hot she looks right now, somewhere there's a guy tired of her stuff.*"

* Not the exact phrasing.

Oh well, hope the bike wasn't hurt bad and I hope he gets to enjoy riding it. What ever else anybody says about the guy, he likes bikes. That's a plus in my book.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts

*LOL* my comment was pointed at nobody except myself. Years ago I was a major Lenno hater...until I got to hang out with him for a few hours. In that time I found out that he did not just build a car/bike collection because he was rich. He did it because he is a total gear head. All the cars/bikes in his colection are run by him on the streets. Some of them are incredibly ompractical, and woth as mutch as I'll make in 5 years. Talk about a lapse of judgment.
Guess what I am trying to say is that most of the time I find myself hationg on someone; it's because they have something cooler/better/more then I do. Armed with that knowledge I try and tempewr my knee jerk reactions

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.