VOG Forum banner
221 - 240 of 270 Posts

· Registered
9,779 Posts
I think I'm getting to the point of having just no more tolerance. I run the shop and much of that duty is cutting keys. We cut a LOT of keys and some are made of nickel silver which is a harder material than brass. We've had a cutting wheel that is getting dull and makes more noise each day. About a week ago I told the office manager to get a wheel. Today I'm cutting keys and I'm just burning them, not really cutting them any more. In fact one set of keys I was cutting was getting hot to touch. So, I asked the office manager when my new wheel would be coming in and he told me that it was over a hundred dollars and the boss had to make that decision. I told him get me a wheel or get someone else to cut the keys. Things are not that tight and some decisions are not hard to make. I'm working with amatuers.

· Registered
152 Posts
Reminds me of something my Dad taught me. Never get mad just teach them a lesson : what he used to do to those that were in a hurry and hit their horn. And He did this always moving slowly, he would get out of the car and slowly walk to the front- looking down and under the car, moving clockwise around the car doing the same thing, when he got to the rear he would even get down on one knee and look under the vehicle even for a bit longer then the rest of the car. Then would slowly walk back to the "OFFENDER" and say " I do not know why you honked your horn as everything looks OK to me, did you see something I should know about? If timed correctly they got to sit there for only 2 minutes or so, but watching him and them it seemed like hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know this is 10 days past when you posted it. Anyways, I've heard this before and always wanted to do something like this but in these times that we live in now road rage is not something I want to go looking for. I always wanted to run up to the car in front of me and ask the "person" (we'll use that term instead of what I really wanted to use) if they need the smoking cigarette but they just threw out the window. Without a doubt, I would be kind enough to pick it up and throw it back in their car for them, still burning of course. Again, road rage ain't worth getting shot at for.

· Registered
4,503 Posts
^^^^ Even though Office Space is a 23 year old movie it’s still funny as fwuk

· Registered
2,659 Posts
Suggestion to all those looking for part time work to supplement "RETIREMENT" go to your local school - drive bus!! I have. I get near $22/hour, they paid to get the license, paid the fees for the license, paid while I went to their school to learn the rules, once at 20 hours per week ( yes 20) full medical benefits. Draw backs day is split -obviously due to pick up in am and take back home in pm. but easy to do, if ya have patience.
WHAT U MEAN DRAW BACKS DAY/ SPLIT??? BEEN THINKIN OF DOING this very thing. but, here in the south i am sure it wont be 22 dollars an hour. in fact i checked it out 5 yeaasr ago, and it was 14.30 per hour. maybe by now it might be 15 per hour. lets see 15 per hour to haul precious cargo [kids] or worked at mickey d's at 15 per hour, doesnt seem quite like the other in importance. at least to me anyway.

· Registered
2,176 Posts
"G'day mate! How the faaark are ya goin' ?"
...or do I say "hello sailor!"

It's a mad mad world alright.....

221 - 240 of 270 Posts