VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The forcast for today was 95 degrees and sunny. Great day for a ride.
We decided to ride to the Botham Winery annual car show in Barnevald, Wisconsin.
This would be a nice warm, dry250 mile round trip, no need to pack the rain suits......
There's food, music and thereare always a lot of nice cars at this show.
Some of my favorites.
A 1956 Plymonth. The cool part is that it had an under dash turntable!

A 1957 Ford Retractable

When we left Barnevald the rain started. It turned in to a hell of a storm.
It was awet ride home.We had to pour the water out ofour shoes. Still ... it was a fun day.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Wow! Some real beauties! That Judge was one fast machine! And that 57 Ford with the retractable roof was quite a feat of engineering for that day and age.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

barefoot said:
Hey Rollin - Looks like a great day and a great writeup as always! Hope to see ya soon!

dave
Thanks Dave!
Are you going to Spirit Lake?
The ride to Spirit Lake will be my last ride of the year. Time to get my arm fixed.
I do have a ride that I planned last winter that you might be interested in. I'll send you the details.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
actually one ride we look into doing as a group here in Wisconsin is the Rustic Roads ride. If you do 10 roads you get patch, 25 roads and the state sends you a certificate. Not too hard, drive to a rustic road take a picture of you and your bike, or just your bike if you do it solo. Send them in then and they'll send you the appropriate document. Details can be seen here: http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/safety/vehicle/motorcycle/rusticroads.htm

Good thing our state has plenty of excess funds to spend on stuff like this for us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.