VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fairly straight forward question looking at dress up bolt kit from witchdoctors. It says simple as removing one bolt at a time and replacing it, question i have do any of these have to be torqued to a certain spec? Would i need a torque wrench for the job or could i just tighten(without over tightening), thanks

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
I would highly suggest torquing them to spec. Any bolts that aren't accessories or body parts should definitely be torqued. Depending on your location, you may be able to borrow one or rent one from an auto parts store if necessary.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
That definitely changes things. The aluminum screws would take different torque specs than stainless. I like the idea of painting them yourself, and on that note, you can find just about any color finger nail polish that you can think of and I expect that will last longer than touch-up paint or whatever else is out there. Plus there's nail polish clear coat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.