VOG Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just brought this home today and I'm kinda pumped. It's electric assist, up to 28 mph, up to 80 mile range, a second accessory battery available should I want to double the range. It's off road capable but not really designed for hard core Rocky Mountain stuff. Over the last 20-30 years there's been pretty much an explosion of bike trail development around here, mostly paved but some dirt and gravel, and things like breweries and restaurants have popped up with patios out back, backing up to the trails. I'm looking forward to a new hobby and getting a bit of exercise to boot.
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Plant

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
click-bait

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
how cool is that ! wish my bike had battery assist, that would surely increase my range. the only thing i would do to that is change the seat. love my diamondback seat,gel cushion, 2 big springs under there, and the post has a shock in it too. won't win any beauty contests but that biatch is the most comfortable thing i've ever had on a peddle bike. i'm guessing those shocks up front are adjustable,,, your going to love it !:bike4_smilie::ok:

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how cool is that ! wish my bike had battery assist, that would surely increase my range. the only thing i would do to that is change the seat. love my diamondback seat,gel cushion, 2 big springs under there, and the post has a shock in it too. won't win any beauty contests but that biatch is the most comfortable thing i've ever had on a peddle bike. i'm guessing those shocks up front are adjustable,,, your going to love it !:bike4_smilie::ok:
Thanks! I checked out a lot of bikes and really dug the full suspension bikes but they cost a lot more and didn't offer hardly any more in comfort. Talking to multiple people with experience, if I wasn't doing hard core mountain trails, the rear suspension wouldn't be worth is. As an old road bike racer, the skinny hard seat isn't UNcomfortable, but not comfortable either. A suspended seat post is high on my priority list for mods, and will definitely check out that seat.

Reactions: mister-g

·
Administrator
2,904 Posts
VERY cool!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
My wife and I are getting our Giants fixed up after several years of neglect. When we walked into the same bike shop where we bought ours over 10 years ago I almost sh!t my pants when I saw the price of new bikes these days. Non-electric, basic bike is over $800! That was one of the cheaper ones. We we're considering new but paying $300 to get ours overhauled was a far cheaper option and the bikes will be like brand-new.

Enjoy the ride ... especially uphill!

Reactions: oASCENSIONo

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My wife and I are getting our Giants fixed up after several years of neglect. When we walked into the same bike shop where we bought ours over 10 years ago I almost sh!t my pants when I saw the price of new bikes these days. Non-electric, basic bike is over $800! That was one of the cheaper ones. We we're considering new but paying $300 to get ours overhauled was a far cheaper option and the bikes will be like brand-new.

Enjoy the ride ... especially uphill!
Yeah, prices are insane. If I sold my Victory I probably would get enough money to buy one of these new. But the fun factor is very high. Found this trail after work last night.
Bicycle Wheel Tire Plant Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
We are looking forward to getting back on the trails. We do a lot of trail hiking but it will be nice to speed things up a tad. After 2 back surgeries for me and a neck surgery for my wife the trails we'll ride on will be pretty tame. The days of jumpin' crap are well behind us!

Ride on!

Reactions: iabob

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's like mod season with a motorcycle. So far I've ordered a trailer hitch for my car, a bike rack to go in the hitch, and a suspension seat post. Also looking at pedals and shoes that clip in them, an old man squishy seat, and new grips, review mirror, maybe even saddle bags. Need to find a @NOEMTZ of the bicycle world that can reprogram the computer to get more power out of the battery mwuhahahaha!

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
those pedals and shoes that clip would scare the crap outta me, especially off the blacktop ! i actually wear my adidas golf shoes ( look just like sneakers ) sometimes for added grip on my pedals :bike4_smilie:

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
those pedals and shoes that clip would scare the crap outta me, especially off the blacktop ! i actually wear my adidas golf shoes ( look just like sneakers ) sometimes for added grip on my pedals :bike4_smilie:
Yeah, it's an acclimation thing. Back in my youth I actually used to race road bikes and there was no twist-and-lift designs back then. I clipped in, then strapped in, and the only way out was to bend over and loosen a strap before coming to a stop. Once you get accustomed to what it takes to get in and out, it becomes second nature. And the efficiency is a giant leap. It's feeling very unnatural now to not be using all my leg muscles and only having a short piece of downstroke to create power.

Reactions: mister-g

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Who is Bobby and why is there no red V on that bike of his?

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Its beautiful. What is the cost of this bike?
MSRP was about 4700, but this was 2020 model close out, I got it for 3700. The 2021 model has about 20% more battery, 625 watt compared to 500. I've got a couple hundred miles on the odometer now and have not had any range issues though. 40 miles only consumes 1/2-2/3 of my battery and that's more than enough for me. So far.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.