VOG Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
They're ruining it... it's getting too far from the concept. It looks like a Kawasaki Concours had sex with a V-Strom and the baby was a little bit... 'special needs'...

They were getting it when they put this together... Road Glide meets sport-standard.

Tire Water Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
That beemer is just plain fugly.
What is up with these huge mufflers?
The Guzzi 1400 line has big ugly ones also, except for the Audace model.
Can't figure out what demographics they are playing for.

Reactions: bikendad

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
I’m thinking it’s more of a heat shield than anything.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
Agree, I was hoping for the Concept 101
Yep, me too. Then they cheaped out and brought the K1600B. The whole project got compromised to cut costs I presume. Too bad, but that is the way it goes. It's still not bad at all, the new B, but it lost all contact with Concept 101.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I had high hopes for the 1600B and Grand America but not that impressed. You can not add a trunk to the 1600B and you can not take the trunk off of the Grand America. The GTL has it all but some do not like the styling as much. I'm most intrigued by the new goldwing offering. Looking forward to all the side by side reviews of the new BMW Grand America, Honda Goldwing Tour, Yamaha Trans Continental etc.... Lots of new choices including HD.

·
6,677 Posts
I had high hopes for the 1600B and Grand America but not that impressed. You can not add a trunk to the 1600B and you can not take the trunk off of the Grand America. The GTL has it all but some do not like the styling as much. I'm most intrigued by the new goldwing offering. Looking forward to all the side by side reviews of the new BMW Grand America, Honda Goldwing Tour, Yamaha Trans Continental etc.... Lots of new choices including HD.
Sadly I must agree. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad at all. I guess I said that already, but the fact is I am having trouble putting my finger on exactly what it is I am not happy with. In the example shown above, the color is a complete put-off for me. Maybe that's what it is! Now I have to go see one in person just to hash it all out.

I reckon the trunk isn't quite getting it for me either. If I really wanted all the fixin's I would pursue a GTL. But there ya have the ol' sticker shock. And with that comes the Jacob Marley chains of maintenance! And all of the other K bike issues. Nope, aint goin there.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Uuuuuhhhhhhhhhh........? Still gonna keep the CCT.

·
6,677 Posts
@MagVic CCT I'm keeping my Vision too. It is such a joy to ride now that she is in a reduced role. She still gets the action, just not as much and frankly I think she is liking it that way. And I still light up every time I get in the saddle. I'm thinking of having the OEM foot control arms powder coated black or black chromed in case the Ness foot controls ever wear out. For me there is no more modding to be done. A passenger back rest would have been good, but those are long gone. if I really need one I will just go to Corbin and have a new saddle made. The big bore is still out there on the horizon somewhere as well but she's running too well to upset things now.

Reactions: Teflon Mike

·
Administrator
2,904 Posts
They're ruining it... it's getting too far from the concept. It looks like a Kawasaki Concours had sex with a V-Strom and the baby was a little bit... 'special needs'...

They were getting it when they put this together... Road Glide meets sport-standard.

View attachment 376705
HEY, what the hell!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Half_Crazy

·
Super Moderator
26,121 Posts
  • 6-cylinder in-line engine that meets EU4 requirements with an output of 118 kW/160 hp at 7 750 rpm and a maximum torque of 175 Nm at 5 250 rpm.
  • Top speed limited to 162 km/h or 101 mph.

101!?!

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
  • 6-cylinder in-line engine that meets EU4 requirements with an output of 118 kW/160 hp at 7 750 rpm and a maximum torque of 175 Nm at 5 250 rpm.
  • Top speed limited to 162 km/h or 101 mph.
101!?!
If for no other reason, (and believe me there's a bunch), that is a deal breaker.

·
Registered
457 Posts
If for no other reason, (and believe me there's a bunch), that is a deal breaker.
The K1600B is suppose to be limited to but have seen posts of guys hitting 135 to 140 mph indicated on speedo. A few are taking delivery of there GA now so will see if it is actually limited to 101 mph or not.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
The K1600B is suppose to be limited to but have seen posts of guys hitting 135 to 140 mph indicated on speedo. A few are taking delivery of there GA now so will see if it is actually limited to 101 mph or not.
I was told that it's because of the trunk.

·
Super Moderator
26,121 Posts
Maybe they set the speedo to kilometers. Lol!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.