VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I hearing my parts guy right that the only way to get Bluetooth is through the Garmin Zumo GPS? And IPOD is the only MP3 adaptable to use through the Vision radio? If not what are you folks using? I have a great GPS and MP player already. I hate to drop about 15 small to hear my music and answer my cell. Thanks for any response to this.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
No argument from me as I really thought the 2011 models would include Bluetooth. After all, it's available in most cars these days.

On the Vision, if you do not opt to get the iPod cable, there will be a mini-plug adapter in the glove box. You can connect just about any audio device to this plug and it will play though the AUX input on your Vision's audio system.

If you want to use your cell phone while riding, the best solution I've found is Cardo Systems G4. Here's a recent video on this device:

Just remember to ride safely...don't be like a cager talking on the phone!

·
Registered
153 Posts
You didn't say what king of GPS you have. Is it a Garmin Zumo? If so, you can load your MP3s onto it and hard wire the Zumo into the stereo. I use an iPhone with the new cable and it works great for listening to music. Allowing me to select songs and playlists through the bike controls. That is something you can't do if you use the standard audio cable and an MP3 player. I also have the Scala G4 Power Set (got it new on ebay for $300) and my radio is synced to my phone.

Since my music is coming from the phone, when a call comes in the music shuts off and the ring tone comes over the Vision speakers. I can't see who is calling (I could if it was intargrated to a bluetooth GPS) but the custom ring tones per contact give me a good idea. I only have to say something loud enough for the mic to pick it up and it answers the call. I normally say "Answer" so people around me can guess what I'm doing. If I yell "Jelly" then start talking to myself, they may get worried. I use a half helmet with the G4 and it works OK. Now that the rain is upon us, I'll try it with the full helmet and face shield. You can make calls through a bluetooth GPS that is connected to your phone but if you have voice dialing, it is easier to do that. I can't time or predict when a call comes in to me, but I can always pull over to make a call so that isn't that big a deal for me. Most of the time (based on ring tone) I'll elect not to answer an incoming call but will pull over and call them back. It is nice to at least know you just missed a call.

I'm waiting on my non-bluetooth GPS to show up today (Ebayed a refurbished 2730 for $160) and will likely put music on it. I probably should have held out for a bluetooth GPS but its all good. I just need an e-Map that is Pacific Northwest proof.

Andy, dig that black and red Vision!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well after some more research I am going to go with Sena headsets, stick with my MP3 player and buy a BTready GPS. Idon't understand why theaccessoryfolks think everyone has an IPOD. Now lets talk radar detectors. Any heads-up on what works well?

·
Registered
153 Posts
It is a Cheap helmet but it has the zip in leather lower with cloth on the inside. I just used the velcro backs of the speaker to stick onto the zip in lowers. I did have to pry a little to get the bracket under the shell.

iPhone pictures are a little blurry.

·
Registered
153 Posts
So I installed my Garmin 2730 yesterday. It integrates with the stereo as I hoped it would. When I'm listening to my iPhone via the stereo, it will lower the music volume to give me my verbal directions, then resume the music volume back. Same is true if I'm listening to the radio. It works GREAT!!! for a $160 GPS.

·
Registered
91 Posts

I bought a Scala Q2 and have had it for well over a year. I have my phone bluetoothed to my GPS, TOMTOM rider 2, and the headset is bluetoothed to me GPS. The headset is also bluetoothed to my wifes Q2. The only problem is when Dennis Hopperis giving me directions I have to switch back to her when he is done (a single button to press).
I can see who is calling me and can either voice activate it or deny it or simply let it go. When I am stopped I can also make a phone call simply by using the screen on the TOMTOM.
I opted for this due to the fact I wanted to go wireless. The only draw back is you have to plug in the headsets and recharge the batteries. This set up works even in the rain as I had the pleasure to get caught up in this afternoon. Don't worry about me I was dry before I got back home. It was not lighting and I did not feel like stopping and putting on the rainsuit. It does feel good to play in the rain, it brought back some good memories

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the Sena headsets coming in the mail and I am giong to go with a bluetooth gps and mount on the bars. I don't care if my MP3 is controlled by the internal controls. The Sena seems to be easy to use for that.I just can't part with the money they want for a Zumo 660, mount and harness. I would rather put that cash in LED's or something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.