Bluetooth Ipod and bluetooth GPS | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Bluetooth Ipod and bluetooth GPS

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by mrBill65, Dec 31, 2013.

1. mrBill65

mrBill65 New Member

Question I just got the iPod cable for my 2013 vision. It has come to my attention that the iPod 4 four is Bluetooth so I was wondering if I got a cheap Bluetooth capable GPS if I could sync it to the iPod and have it give turn by turn instruction over the vision stereo thru the iPod while listening to the iPod?

Thanks
    MrBill65
    2013 Gold Mist
    Victory Vision

2000 V92SC with a 2002 freedom heart sold
    1999 Yamaha 1100 V-Star Custom totaled
    1980 Yamaha Virago sold
    197? 125 Kawasaki sold

2. meon2wheels

meon2wheels New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    M109 Boulevard, 2014 CCT

Not sure about the Vision, but the XCT needs a bluetooth dongle to make that happen. My GPS will not pair with a phone or other device unless it is first paired to a communication system (headset or bike). I have a Garmin 390.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Oldman47

Oldman47 Well-Known Member

2013 black Vision

If you have a bluetooth capable GPS, why not directly pair it to your headset and skip all the intermediate connections?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. meon2wheels

meon2wheels New Member

M109 Boulevard, 2014 CCT

I would, but I don't yet have a headset. I was answering the question on connecting iPod to GPS to stereo.

5. Nylox2004

Nylox2004 Member

2013 XCT

I also have a Zumo 390LM. I was wondering if you got your 390 working with the bluetooth dongle? Does it interrupt the sound system if you are playing music via Ipod or FM?If so what dongle did you get and how did you hook it up?

6. AZcruizer

AZcruizer Member

2013 Vision Tour
    Interesting timing on this subject. I just purchased a Scala Rider Q3 bluetooth headset. I also have a Garmin 1350 Nuvi with bluetooth, mounted to the bar of my 13 Vision. While I have no problem linking the headset to my iPod in the storage compartment, I have not been able to link to the Garmin GPS. A call today to Cardo Systems explained the problem. Unless you have a motorcycle specific GPS (Garmin Zumo or Tom Tom Rider) you cannot link to a bluetooth headset. Regular GPS's will not transmit audio to a bluetooth device...they are designed to act as a hands free device for phones I'm told. Motorcycle specific GPS's will transmit audio via bluetooth. That being the case, I'll just mount my iPhone 4S to my device holder on the bar, link it to my headset and use the GPS app on my phone to hear directions, play music and for phone capabilities wirelessly. Hope this helps answer your question....

7. Old-Gramps

Old-Gramps Well-Known Member

2014 Cross Country Tour

Not sure what all this means, but my experience is and has been, whetner in car or on a bike, the TomTom go series all connect (as far as I know) to the fm radio via a unused frequency and also have a sd card slot to put music in. Workes fine in my car or bike handlebars when I go riding. it interupts the music when it is giving warnings or directions etc.... And I may add that since I have tried this out on the CCT those speakers are just so sharp and audible behind that standard shield and it was great riding it home from the dealears a week ago with Yoda (Starwars fame) giving me instructionsetc....

8. Coastal Rider

Coastal Rider New Member

So, I know this is an old thread. But my question is semi related. I don't own an iPod and don't want to have to buy one. Is there any way to use the iPod cable in my 2015 CCT?

Also, is the 12v connector in there just for charging? And how can I troubleshoot it? It doesn't seem to work

9. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief Staff Member Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    This will plug into the 30pin and pair to your phone.

CoolStream Duo Bluetooth Adapter Receiver for 30 Pin Bose Sounddock and Motorcycle Cables for Wireless Music Streaming https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GHUHMU...abc_2V01H5WG9YF7NJSHC987?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

The plug should work and I would start at the fuse.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. ForestGiant

ForestGiant Well-Known Member

2014 Victory Cross Country, 97 Honda Valkyrie, 99 Honda Magna
    The Cool Stream Car Pro, more expensive, will also work and you can control the source unit, android I assume, with the left hand side audio.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief Staff Member Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    @md2420 you get that issue sorted? Didn't you recently find it wasn't working?

12. md2420

md2420 Well-Known Member

2014 Vision
    I haven’t tried it again since that day. Did just update to 15.2 on my iPhone X so I need to retry it.
    For the OP, the issue I ran into was the CarPro didn’t allow track forward or back or playlist selection after I upgraded to iOS 15. I need to try again and verify.
    That was one thing that drew me to the Pro over the Duo. Ability to change tracks from the handlebar control and not just control volume.

Edit: just tried it again and no go. Not able to change tracks or see the artist and song show up on my display like I had before upgrading to iOS15. I may try to downgrade and see if that fixes it or check the googligoo to see if others have the same issue.

Edit 2: ok….we are BACK IN BUSINESS! Unplugged the CarPro from my 30-pin, removed the device from my Bluetooth list, turned off Bluetooth completely, restarted my phone, plugged it all back in, started the phone, turned on BT, paired the CarPro and all is right with the world. BONUS: also allows the changing of tracks from Spotify and Amazon music (which was my first issue I noticed). Woot!!!!

tl;dr - get the CarPro, not the Duo.

source: iPod and Aux Mode on Victory Motorcycles - CoolStream

338F140B-8981-4A8B-95D6-D7B592954D14.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Coastal Rider

Coastal Rider New Member

Ok, so I have a newish Android.... you're saying that if I get the carpool, I'll be able to connect my phone to the 30pin and then control it through the handlebar mounted control? Doubtful but does it show the info on the fairing led screen? Or just on the phone?

14. BrotherWind

BrotherWind Well-Known Member

Vision tour 10th anniversary. #90

Yes adapter to 30 pin then connect Bluetooth on your phone. I only use Android.

No you won't get readout. Just next or previous. But controls fully functional. Mute acts like a pause, at least on mine.

Make sure it's the Coolstream " Car pro ". Somewhere around $80.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. md2420

md2420 Well-Known Member

2014 Vision
    cant speak for the Androids since I run an iPhone, but I do get the readout on the display as you see in my pic.

looks like BW answered the question about the Android phones and the display. Either way, I’d recommend the CarPro one since you can change tracks with it (with Duo you can only change volume with your hand controls).

another bonus with the CarPro is my radio presets change the playlists. So if I have multiple playlists set on my phone, I use the radio preset buttons to change from one playlist to another.

• Informative Informative x 1