VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Looks great! The wife and I have tossed buying a vision in the near future......if I did, that would be one of the things I would to mine! Great job!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I bought a quart of paint from the dealer. It is a single stage paint. Not real up on paint tech, but it came with a second smaller can of activator. It took me about six hours to get it apart without the manual. Someone else sprayed it for me.It took a couple of days to get the parts back. Than much to my surprise, it took almost six hours to put back together. I though it would be faster since I now know howthe bikeis put together. Only had one screw left over. The paint listed for $99 at the time, but has gone up ten bucks since. The guy that prepped, primed and painted charged me $300. I think it was worth it. I had planed on getting the chrome parts in front and rear of engine in the future, but now that it's done I like the black too much.
I have to thank Andy for his video on the trunk removal. Saved me a bunch of time and I knew in advance to remove the license plate to prevent damage.
3500 miles since 5/30

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.