VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some custom pipes put on and was told I would need power commander eventually. Fast forward 100 miles, bike starts running rough. Limped it home and it would run at idle but once I have it throttle, I died out. The shop that put the pipes on came to my house and picked it up, put a PC3 on it and it wouldn't run at all. Fuel pump went bad. Ordered a new fuel pump, they installed it and still not running. They can't even get it to run at idle like it was before the PC3 went on.

What could possibly be the problem?

The shop has been great but I think they are getting ready to throw in the towel on my bike.

·
Registered
853 Posts
What year Hammer? Was the PC3 new? Will it run fine without the PC3? If it won't then maybe the stock ECU needs to be reset. Depending on year rubber parts may be suspect. Intake adapter, fuel lines, even tires maybe if you just bought it used? Adding exhaust does not mean you need a PC3. When you add an intake it is a must.

Also where do you live? Depending on location you may be close to some knowledgeable Victory Mechanics.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Basics, always go back to basics.
Remove the PC3. Does it start & run?
Could it be something as simple as the battery cable loosened up? Know issue & causes all kinds of problems.
Is the shop a Vic shop or HD or independent? In other words do they know Vic's ?
Vic's are really a pretty simple & basic machine, you really got to work at it to mess one up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What year Hammer? Was the PC3 new? Will it run fine without the PC3? If it won't then maybe the stock ECU needs to be reset. Depending on year rubber parts may be suspect. Intake adapter, fuel lines, even tires maybe if you just bought it used? Adding exhaust does not mean you need a PC3. When you add an intake it is a must.

Also where do you live? Depending on location you may be close to some knowledgeable Victory Mechanics.
The bike is a 2007, sat in a guys garage for 6 yrs until I bought it. I live in Denver Colorado

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Basics, always go back to basics.
Remove the PC3. Does it start & run?
Could it be something as simple as the battery cable loosened up? Know issue & causes all kinds of problems.
Is the shop a Vic shop or HD or independent? In other words do they know Vic's ?
Vic's are really a pretty simple & basic machine, you really got to work at it to mess one up.
The shop is an independent shop but they all seem to be very knowledgeable on all makes of bikes. The bike did run at idle before the PC3 was installed.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
If it were me I would back the power commander out and see if it will start and run. In other words, back out the changes and start over. A 2007 that has sat that long could have other issues. Best of luck. I hope they get the bike running soon.

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
Get it to a knowledgeable Vic mechanic.
As said above. Remove pc3 and start there. Battery and other electrical connections including 40 amp circuit breaker should be inspected. If you washed the bike then maybe water could have gotten to something. Clean anything suspect of corrosion.
Good luck

·
Registered
34 Posts
Have you heard or figured anything out yet?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update: The fuel pump was suspected to be bad. Put in a new fuel pump and still nothing. My mechanic took it to a Victory shop to be tested and the new fuel pump that was put in was bad as well. Paid that shop almost $800 for an OEM pump installed. My mechanic took it back to his shop to put the seat back on and do a test run on it and it was mis-fireing on one cylinder. He got that fixed and then had to reset the power commander because it something wigged out on it. I'm hoping to be able to get it picked up today and ride a little bit before the snow flys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.