VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike was running a little rough this morning. Parked it for a while. Went to ride this afternoon, got out about 5 miles turned around and barely made it home.

Bike is misfiring, popping and sputtering and will not idle at all. It seems like it runs a little smoother on acceleration with revs way up, but will barely get going with out stalling. Any ideas before I trailer it to the dealership?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

Plugs, plugs, plugs...
Keep a set somewhere with you, no need to trailer it when you can ride it.
Hopefully Victory will fix this soon, I will carry a set with me untill they do.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ChainGang said:
Check the ground on your battery.This is a common problem.
I checked the battery terminals and the ground cable that runs to the engine case. All is well.

I pulled the plugs to look see. They are black with carbon. I don't why all of the sudden. Don't know if the fouled plugs are causing it to run like this or if the ill-running motor has fouled the plugs. Either way they look like hell.

Have to wait until tomorrow to check bike dealerships if they have the plugs.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Candubrain said:
Hey Spider
Do you know what causes the plug fouling?
Is it on all models or just certain years?
I've been told it happens when we do not allow our bikes to warm up properly, something about the pre-determined time our bikes run rich due to our fuel maps.
If you crack the whip before the computer has changed the fuel ratio then plugs can and will foul.
I personally do not know even one of my HD buddies who foul plugs on there fuel injected bikes, Carbs yes, fuel injection ? no.
Victory needs to fix this, but I will keep a set of plugs with me from now on, not takin the chance again.
I do not totally agree with the dealer on this, I think there could be a coil issue or plug wire issue.
I will monitor and keep all posted.
Also, my dealer said if this happens again, just bring her in and they will hook her up to check everything for me, good to hear, but I won't waste their time on little things, good support though.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

bernomad said:
New plugs in. Still runs like crap. Gonna have to trailer it 85 miles to dealership. V is for Victory.
Sorry to hear that, please let us know what happened, i'd like my issues fixed also

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
spider said:
bernomad said:
New plugs in. Still runs like crap. Gonna have to trailer it 85 miles to dealership. V is for Victory.
Sorry to hear that, please let us know what happened, i'd like my issues fixed also
I'll post results as soon as I get it solved. Thanks spider and all who are trying to help. I'll try not to cop an attitude on Victory meanwhile.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
bernomad said:
spider said:
bernomad said:
I'll post results as soon as I get it solved. Thanks spider and all who are trying to help. I'll try not to cop an attitude on Victory meanwhile.
When our big $$$ motorcycles run like crap it's hard " not " to cop an attitude.
I still have faith, HD didn't make a good running " fuel injected " motorcycle for almost 100 years, hope vic does'nt take that long. ( and my vic is still better than my last two HD's, hands down )

·
Registered
74 Posts
Check the fit on the spark plug to the cap. I had a couple that had loose fitting caps and make sure that the rubber part is not bottoming out on the nut part of the plug before it is snapped on to the top of the plug. Arcing inside the plug cap can take away from the spark in the combustion chamber causing low speed issues and plug fouling

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
kramer said:
Check the fit on the spark plug to the cap. I had a couple that had loose fitting caps and make sure that the rubber part is not bottoming out on the nut part of the plug before it is snapped on to the top of the plug. Arcing inside the plug cap can take away from the spark in the combustion chamber causing low speed issues and plug fouling
Thanks for the input kramer. I checked all of that. It may be a bad wire or connection, but as far as I can tell it's all good. I'm out of guesses. Got a trailer reserved for Monday.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Im putting my dime on the throttle bodies. Once cleaned and adjusted ill bet your good to go. Just curious, what fuel do you use Mobil 93 oct, or Bobs gas station whatevers cheapest?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
bernomad said:
kramer said:
Thanks for the input kramer. I checked all of that. It may be a bad wire or connection, but as far as I can tell it's all good. I'm out of guesses. Got a trailer reserved for Monday.
Since the bike is new and you are entitled to Vic warranty VRA? can't you call them and they transport bike for free? or maybe you haven't gotten your card in the mail yet?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.