VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so lately it’s been like 85 out and I notice once the bike is hot and I’m taking off from a stop and getting on it. The bike will basically hiccup and I can hear it almost cough from the engine I can hear it from in front of me any ideas

·
Super Moderator
26,093 Posts
Did you add the top filter? If so, it's probably that and it's normal. When I'm getting on it the bike takes a big deep breath each shift.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Take deep breath and hold 10 seconds, exhale. Burp...sorry just had to.
A big tablespoon full of peanut butter works better. Hiccups are caused by a muscle spasm of the diaphragm it is caused by a sodium / potassium imbalance. Peanut butter puts a bolus into the blood stream to balance out the imbalance. Absorbed thru the mucus membranes in the mouth under the tongue and straight to the blood stream.

At least that is my theory anyway. It works every time. Try it for yourself next time.

On a side note, bet your buddy that you can get him drunk on one shot next time you are at the bar. Once the bet and wagers are made, have him hold a about a teaspoon full of his favorite shot under his tongue for about 5 mins, swallow and repeat. By the time he finishes one shot he will be drunk!

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
pull right hand cheese wedge. Now with bike idling spray carb cleaner back at the rubber boots. If bike dies or idle speeds up you have a leak. If you replace boots replace all rubber vacuum caps.

by the way how old is the battery have it load tested

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Plugs only have maybe a month on them replaced them
When I got the bike went on a poker run today it was 90 degrees out didn’t have a single hiccup so who know I’ll just ride it but boy do these visions put that hot engine air right at you

·
Registered
770 Posts
You would benefit from LLoydz air filters and Maximus tune. After the rubber intake adapter and o-rings have been replaced.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
from what i understand is exhaust should be changed if you do the lloydz air filter and tune. Also do you guys just contact someone for the tune and they send you cable and such also i like my exhaust being quiet i dont want it sounding like my harley did from 2 blocks away

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i pulled the cheese wedges sprayed the intake with carb cleaner engine didnt stutter at all i did replace the idle air hoses when i first bought the bike so those are brand new im watching the video now

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.