VOG Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My steering head bearings went. Parts will take days to get. Does anyone have space on a trailer going from Sturgis to NJ or near by?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Rusty jones is based outta there. Maybe he can help with parts.

Reactions: jmstang302

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies And advice.

Rylan has the part but he's about 650 miles from here and he's busy with work. It's A 7-8 hr job. Tough to squeeze in. Both Rylan and Coastal Victory said It would be dangerous to ride that far.

I'll try contacting Rusty.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure does. This was my retirement ride. We shipped our bikes from NJ to San Francisco and we're riding back. This happened on day 10 of 15. But...I saw the Pacific Coast highway, Crater Lake, Jellystone, Big Horn Mountains, and all the things at Sturgis. We were planning to leave tomorrow so I saw most of the best stuff. Just didn't complete my journey.

Reactions: Tenax66

·
Registered
820 Posts
Sure does. This was my retirement ride. We shipped our bikes from NJ to San Francisco and we're riding back. This happened on day 10 of 15. But...I saw the Pacific Coast highway, Crater Lake, Jellystone, Big Horn Mountains, and all the things at Sturgis. We were planning to leave tomorrow so I saw most of the best stuff. Just didn't complete my journey.
You saw more than most and regardless of final outcome you are safe the bike is safe and you missed the most boring parts anyways.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm safe and that's the important part for sure.

great idea about the Uhaul. I'll check it out.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I'm safe and that's the important part for sure.

great idea about the Uhaul. I'll check it out.
I've had to use uhaul in similar circumstances. Its not gonna be cheap. if you got time, would be cheaper to deal with hotels stay, getting it fixed. Or, find a shipping for the bike. Usually about 800 four that.
Good luck with it. I'm really surprised that they can't cross reference the bearing part numbers to something like timlin, or all ball's. Vic can't be the only place to get neck bearings.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
By the time I get the parts plus another day to fix it, I don't have enough time to ride home and get back to my job on time. I don't have any more vacation time left.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
By the time I get the parts plus another day to fix it, I don't have enough time to ride home and get back to my job on time. I don't have any more vacation time left.
Got any sick days... cough, cough. :hihi:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The New Jersey chapter of Rectum Motorcycle Club (American Indian) loaded my bike on their Pickup truck. The presidents dad lives 15 minutes from me. Just got the bike off the truck and to my.shop this morning. They saved my ads and I appreciate it greatly. Always got to pay it forward.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I know what it feels like to be broke , with no way to get home ....

very glad things worked out for you !

Peter

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.